Search

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron, when I try and do a search I get an error on page message and nothing happens. I have looked at search tips and cannot figure what I am doing wrong. Any thoughts?

Keith

I get a different problem - the search date criteria is blank. That is to say I have no idea which box is which (search before/after). I only know it's there because I remember seeing it a couple of weeks ago so can play around with dates until the search engine realises I'm not barking mad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Are you signed / logged in when it fails?

Tried when I was not logged in and it gave a strange screen

Logged in and no problems - search worked

Ian

Keith

Yeah - logged in OK Ian, it's just the text on the date range section has disappeared for some reason. Just get the 2 boxes. Oh well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks Dennis, but no that's not it. I'm definitely logged in. Seems to be I'm permanently logged in. Should be working on the car.

Another thing which could work (but i think you already tried that...):
there are 2 different search buttons on the page (one on the top of the page, and the quick search button on the right). On some computers the quick search doesn't work, but the top one (on the right of "main index") does work.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif working on the car is better than fidling with computers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Profile Search

No, still no luck Dennis. I can't find a quick search button. Go to 'Entrance' at the top of any page, then at the left is a menu. 4th one down is 'Profile Index'. Then you are offered a load of tick boxes to search, and a box labelled 'for word(s)' next to a 'GO' button. Tick any box eg. 'Location' and then put some word in the box eg 'australia' and then click the GO button. I get message at bottom of page saying 'Error on page'. If I double click the message I get the previously mentioned information.
If instead of clicking GO I go down to the bottom of the page and click '>>' then I go to page 2 of the results from where I can go back to page 1 of the results, so the search sort of works, but not by the normal method. When it goes wrong I click on 'Profile Index full' and 'Profile Index norm' in the menu to reset the screen.

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: Profile Search

They are messed up. This board version is a beta, it will be time to upgrade to the new one. I just dread it since *most* important stuff is working right now and everytime we upgrade something stops working. I've been sort of happy - picture posting, banners, hosting, etc works, while searching is sort of iffy on the special searches, but the good stuff works.

Back