Subscriptions/support - Please Read!

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

The PayPal subscription/Support feature of the forum is confused due to the forum upgrade that happened in May of 2006.

In short, if were a forum supporter on the old forum, the one we had before May of 2006, you need to go into your PayPal account and cancel the re-occuring GT40s.com subscription. You need to do this from your end, I can't do it from my side unfortunately. Please go to the PayPal website, login, and click "Help" then search for subscriptions and it'll show you how to cancel them.

The new system cannot process those old subsciptions. So, when your account goes to renew support for the forum the new forum won't ever show you as a supporter. While that might not matter to you, I'd like the forum supporters to appear as such and the system work as it should.

There probably aren't too many of you left, but I recently got two in this morning from Mick and Doc Watson. These were reoccuring subscriptions set by the old forum and the new forum will not automatically show support icons on their user IDs. I might be able to manually fix it, but sometimes that has not done the trick.

Sorry for the trouble but please, if you supported on the old forum login to your PayPal account and kill the GT40s.com subscription.

Users that have been using the system since May 2006 will not have a problem. And, I don't anticipate any future problems as we'll be on the VB software for a long time to come.

Best,
Ron

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, so you're saying that if we became supporters in or after May, we don't need to cancel the recurring subscriptions in PayPal? The new forum software will handle the renewal OK?

For example, in checking PayPal, my support subscription started on May 26, 2006, so I don't need to cancel it?

2nd question, if we want to upgrade our support level, should we cancel the old subscription and do a new one at the new level, or is there another way?

Ron Earp

Admin
cribbj said:
Ron, so you're saying that if we became supporters in or after May, we don't need to cancel the recurring subscriptions in PayPal? The new forum software will handle the renewal OK?

Not quite. I didn't start the subscriptions being automatic renewal, on the new forum, until a couple of months ago.

cribbj said:
For example, in checking PayPal, my support subscription started on May 26, 2006, so I don't need to cancel it?

Maybe. I know the auto renew was off through most of last year but it might have been on in May, then turned off until a few months ago. Have you confirmed you have a auto renew?

cribbj said:
2nd question, if we want to upgrade our support level, should we cancel the old subscription and do a new one at the new level, or is there another way?

You can stack or add new support levels. There are a couple of members who have two different levels and they are both shown as the respective stars or cup beside their name.

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Pete,

When yours runs out, that is the icon goes away, simply click "Support Forum" at the top or in my signature. A new subscription will work fine and when you do that you'll have the option to make it reoccuring or not.

The support is much appreciated, thanks much,
Ron

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
It was easier than I thought it would be!

Thanks for clearing this up for us, Ron. I had questions when I PM'ed you a week or two ago--this all makes sense now.

The process was completed pretty easily. I was pleasantly surprised that it was not that difficult, even for an old computer dummy like me! Someday I'll learn how to "drive" this thing!!

I'll watch for the annual support icon to disappear and then proceed with another subscription that the VB software will recognize.

Doug

Back