Forums Will Be Closed Due To.....

Ron Earp

Admin
.......maintenence. The forums will be closed some of Sunday for software upgrades and some changes. I don't anticipate that we'll have any data loss or trouble, but we will be unavailable for a bit.

The VB forum software is getting upgraded and the new version has a lot of cool features. I think the coolest feature that is on the list is the automatic picture re-sizer that should help us all out in that we won't have to manually re-size pictures before uploading them.

Ron

Ron Earp said:
.......maintenence. The forums will be closed some of Sunday for software upgrades and some changes. I don't anticipate that we'll have any data loss or trouble, but we will be unavailable for a bit.

The VB forum software is getting upgraded and the new version has a lot of cool features. I think the coolest feature that is on the list is the automatic picture re-sizer that should help us all out in that we won't have to manually re-size pictures before uploading them.

Ron

Hope I can survive...I always use forum as starting page..:confused: already miss u all guys..

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Picture re-sizing.... YAHOO!!!!!! :pepper::pepper:

You da man Ron.....rockonsmilerockonsmile

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I was just wondering about this feature this morning. It's a true pain to slog through this each time to make sure I have a 480x 640 pic (or whatever it was supposed to be).

THANKS RON!!

Ron Earp

Admin
Test post on re-sizer, all images over 640x480, one 1600x1200.

Attachments

• Red 2005 XB12S001.jpg
    Red 2005 XB12S001.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_1369.jpg
    100_1369.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 328

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Ron..

Is it just me or did the "New Posts" link disappear with this version?

I also run a forum for our local gearheads (We're just getting started) - I wish we had the option of this software. Right now we're on PHBB and it's pretty buggie..

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Randy, here's a URL you can use as a shortcut until the New Posts button is working again.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew

Right click on it, Copy Shortcut, Paste Shortcut to your desktop, then click on it whenever you want to check in, and only the New Posts will come up.

John

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron,
when you have time can you summarize the changes ?
Dave

Yep, I will tonight or tomorrow morning. There are a lot of nice features for the admins, and some good ones for users too. We have a couple of cosmetic issues but they are not huge and will be fixed.

Ron

Back