Possible to update the members list??

Hi All-

I have been reading the build threads. One common tip mentioned over & over when trying to decide what brand to buy is "go visit the companies & or see the cars in person". Obviously, this is the best possible thing anyone could do to help his decision making.

In our member list, you can select a letter or number in the linear alphabet across the top of the list. Selecting eg. "B" brings up all the user names of members beginning with the letter "B".

This would be a great feature if you could also select a "State" and all members residing there would appear.

This would enable anyone to contact people who live within or near their home State. For someone like me, I could then PM those who live where I maybe visiting (I doubt there are any GT40"s in Montana) so I could possibly visit them to see there car and see the differences in brands.

Just a thought, seems it would be a nice feature for a number of uses.

Or, I could just ask. Anyone out there near Missoula Montana? Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Dakota's, Minnesota, Wyoming? :rolleyes:

Ron Earp

Admin
In short, no, unfortunately.

We have a bit of a problem with the "Location" field in that there is no standard for it. The old forum used to allow 25 characters for location. People put all sorts of things in there "none of your business", etc. so the field might not carry much real information.

The new forum, the one you are on now, I wish to limit to a smaller field so it doesn't bleed all over the text box area. I have not gone through to parse those yet, but might ask users to do it on their own in stadard format. Maybe we could adopt a State/Country type of standard to conserve space. Not sure, need to think on it.

Good question though and thanks for brining it up. We'll see if we can't fix that sometime in the future with an add on.

Ron

Back