GT40 Logo Photograph

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

The time has come that we need to get a real/replica GT40 up on the site logo. Al did the model car for us and I think he did a fantastic job with it. We used that because I couldn't locate a Gulf car at that sort of angle to use for the site.

Now that Al has done the model in the approximate view that we'd like, does anyone have some photos that could be used for the site logo? I wouldn't mind if the perspective was bit lower, that is not looking down on the car, but I would like a view that shows front and sides. Not just the front only or a side shot. I know that there have been numerous Gulf replicas out there, come on, that has to be one of the most common color schemes! :)

So, if you'd like your photo to be considered and don't mind us using it then post a small version here or email one to me (make sure you reply to my Box Trapper Spam authorization) so we can have a look. I'd really like to get the logo done with a GT40 replica or original and spruce up the site a bit more.

Thanks!
Ron

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ron - What about a Rotating Image from a pool of GT40s member's rides??

If it were changed on the first of the month, even a manual process to change it shouldn't have an extreme amount of overhead...

Hi Guys

here is one from a few years ago.

regards

Chris.

Attachments

• marquee 2.jpg
    marquee 2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 648
The red car looks well.

Attachments

• GT40s0021.jpg
    GT40s0021.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 676
  • Essex wire.JPG
    Essex wire.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 686
  • goodwood 3.jpg
    goodwood 3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 646
3 more

Attachments

• red 402.jpg
    red 402.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 678
  • Red 401.jpg
    Red 401.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 645
  • red 40 3.jpg
    red 40 3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 643

Ron Earp

Admin
Dang Chris, where were you when we put out the first call for photos? Al, can that 6 work or has it too much windsheild and color saturation issues? Angle is a bit steep. I like 2 but we need a Gulf car. What else you UK fellows got hiding over there?

There are some great photos of #1076 at Racing Icons - Ford GT40 Restoration - Chassis 1076 that are copyrighted to Bob Meyer - particularly the 2nd and 3rd from the bottom of the page. If you like them perhaps Racing Icons can put you in touch with Bob to discuss whether he would consent to our use. If Bob wants a royalty, I for one would kick in a few bucks for either of these pics. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one...

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,

I'll give Chris' #6 photo a shot tonight and post the first pass. Color sat can probably be fixed. I think that getting the reflections off the glass will be the challenge as once the car gets masked off, these will really stand out.

Regards,

Al

Ron Earp

Admin
There are some great ones here if we could get permission to use them:. That shot second from bottom is awesome and really is a great perspective. Perfect, if it went left into the page the way we'll use it.

Ford GT40 Restoration - Chassis 1076

The car here is a good one too but those big wheels put me off. That is too bad because I really like one of those angles.

New Ford GT40-aholic member !

Paul, I bet you have something hiding in there that is good!!!

Malcolm

Supporter
Of course, I could put my car back together and take a photo for you! Although that would mean cleaning it first, which as you know is most likely beyond me.....

GT40 in action

Attachments

• _13_0036.jpg
    _13_0036.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 554
  • 23A_0094.jpg
    23A_0094.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 553
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 581
  • Ford GT 40 Aok.jpg
    Ford GT 40 Aok.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 586
Hi Bill

No

Chris

Attachments

• Ford-GT40-red-fa-lr.jpg
    Ford-GT40-red-fa-lr.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Hi Ron -

I've had a quick look but nothing seems to jump out at me.... Here are a few that might be of interest to some but I will continue to trawl...

Attachments

• DSCN1510.jpg
    DSCN1510.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 539
  • DSCN1512.jpg
    DSCN1512.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCN1595a.jpg
    DSCN1595a.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_2198.jpg
    IMG_2198.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_2237.jpg
    IMG_2237.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_5328.jpg
    IMG_5328.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 500

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Here's a rough look at Chris' #6. Lots of reflections. Original at the approx. same size below. Comments?

I think shots like Paul's from a resolution & lighting perspective are what we really need to get of a Gulf car.

Regards,

Al

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 493
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 515
Back