Gallery Viewing - How to Use?

Re: Gallery Viewing - How to?

Here's a question for the Mods/Admin Folks...

I've been asked to post some large format images of some pics I've posted elsewhere on the site. Sure will do, if I can only figure out how???
I click on 'Gallery" on the main menu, and am immediately sent to the home page...
Any idea on why? Can't create a gallery, upload etc... (Can't get to the screenshot that Mark Charlton posted at all).

Please help :)

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Mark,

The link to the Gallery is broken, which is why it takes you back to the main page. I will fix that.

In the meantime to get to the Gallery just click on this link:

Photo Gallery

Once you are in there I think you'll see how to add pictures to the various categories.

Ron

Thanks Ron :)
Thought it was an idiot user error... (me)
Thanks for sorting & well done on a nice 'n friendly forum

Cheers - Mark

Hi Ron
Gave it a go and got an error message "
Sorry, MarkT: No Item or Item is Now in Moderation Queue - Check Back Later"
Hope they did post, or I've lost all my eloquent descriptions :) Will have a look later.

Cheers - Mark

Hmmm...
Clicked on "Gallery"
"Upload"
"Browse" - Source was my HD, not an image hosting site File was under 500kb
"Category" - I selected general
"Title" - Lola T70 3B Replica
"Description" - Bit of blurb
"Upload"

... Error message - "Sorry, MarkT: No Item or Item is Now in Moderation Queue - Check Back Later"

Do I have to create a profile or something? - The procedure seemed intuitive enough or have I done something dumb again:eek:

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm not sure. I just uploaded a big picture of my daughter and her friend in a car, 1.5 meg. No problems. Is the picture under 2 Meg? 2 Meg is the limit for pictures in the gallery.

Ron

'fraid not Ron...
File size is under 500kb, .jpegs which I optimised for web to crush the file size a bit. Just went to the link above and clicked 'upload' - gave me the same error message when I was done. Will have a think about this and maybe try linking them from my photobucket account AAARRRRGGG :(

Ron Earp

Admin
Aren't you MarkT? And isn't that your Orange Lola there right near the TR6 picture I posted? :)

And in the general photos area there are many more....

I'm not sure about the error. I'd need to log in as you to try and sort that, but the pictures are uploading.

Ron

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 287
  • pictures2.jpg
    pictures2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 300
Yep - That's me - Cool :) Now if only I could view the damn things...

Just noticed something strange - on your screen shot, there's 90+ pages... When I visit, there's 87 pages and the last post is "Gauges, RCR" posted by CESLAW on 03-14-07...

Time to delete cookies and cashes??

Sorry for being a pain Ron... Don't want to populate the gallery with duplicate images either.

Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Mark !!
I cannot find your pictures either. I did a search in the gallery under ::::
Mark, Mark T, Lola, Lola T70. Each search showed no pictures found !!
Your car is beautiful, and I am waiting to add these pictures to my collection. I can view the ones in the forum, but not in the gallery.
Regards Brian

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellows, What happens if you click "Gallery" up top, then click "General Photos". Do you not see the Lola photos? Ignore the last comments in March, those dates are for comments, and not for photos.

Ron

Ron,

Here is all the sections and the last post:

GT40 Photos - Real or Replica Put photos of your GT40 here! In even more bits
Posted By David Morton
03-03-07 11:18 PM Untitled
Posted By kenshiro8
03-16-07 02:13 PM 191 19
Historic, Competition, Racing Put your historic photos of any car, or racing related photos here. on the dyno this week
Posted By David Morton
02-20-07 06:15 PM Audi Joest in Action
Posted By David Morton
03-07-07 12:27 AM 100 6
Original and Reproduction Parts A place to put part pictures. Heater Control Valve
Posted By JIMMYMAC
02-06-07 07:03 PM Untitled
Posted By zx12Liche
10-14-06 11:26 AM 29 2
General Photos Place any photos you like here. Gauges, RCR
Posted By CESLAW
03-14-07 11:45 AM Untitled
Posted By Ron Earp
03-16-07 11:04 PM 107 38

Ron Earp

Admin
It'll have to be checked. If you look in the categories you'll find new pictures, but they are not shown on the outside.

Ron

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Ron !!
I rechecked under general photos, and the last one up was "gauges RCR", for me also.
Regards Brian

Back