Clickish GT40 Groups

Re: How to do to unsubscribe?

INTERESTING: I find it interesting in a week with discussions of "Mosques" and political jokes that some of us "get trashed" for posting anything..There is a DEFINATE INNER-CLICK here on this site..Thats just the way it is.....

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

There is no official "good ole boys network" on this forum!

In fact when Lynn "the person" recently called a user to task for what I considered to be a comment that stereotyped Americans in a bad light, that was not Lynn "the administrator." I would never let my personal opinions effect how I act as an admin. Indeed, I seriously considered creating another login for "Lynn the individual", but, honestly, that would just be too much of a PITA what with having to remember who I was logged in as, etc.

I can only pledge that, no matter how aggravated I may get as an individual, I will not use my capabilities as an admin as an exclamation point to my arguments. I have never seen Paul or Alex act with anything but the utmost integrity as well.

Regards,
Lynn

PS: thanks to all for kind words!

Ron Earp

Admin

.There is a DEFINATE INNER-CLICK here on this site..Thats just the way it is.....

Hi John,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I don’t agree with you that there is a “Inner Click” on the forum, although there are some well-established and time-honored “unwritten rules”. If you are referring to people not accepting some things you’ve written or pictures you’ve posted on the forums, please let me try and explain.<o:p></o:p>
While anything goes in the Paddock Forum, most anything definitely does not go in the other areas of the forum. We strive to keep threads on track, with a minimum of digression, and minimum of “off topic” banter in the main forums. <o:p></o:p>
Many of the forum membership choose to ignore “off topic” banter and posts. I hope you don’t take it personally, but if you post in the middle of a discussion that has little to do with that discussion then it is likely your comments will not be responded to. It is simply how some people choose to react to someone entering their conversation with information that might not pertain to the discussion topic and I don't think it is personal.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p>Certainly everyone is welcome on the forum and I encourage you to interact as much as possible with folks here. I think we all get along pretty well and make a good community.
</o:p>
<o:p>
</o:p>
Best,<o:p></o:p>
Ron<o:p></o:p>

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

INTERESTING: I find it interesting in a week with discussions of "Mosques" and political jokes that some of us "get trashed" for posting anything..There is a DEFINATE INNER-CLICK here on this site..Thats just the way it is.....

As the person who "got trashed" by Lynn after he took a meaning out of one of my statements that was not intended, I have to admit that I do not see that as the operation of a "definite inner clique".

Wanni got trashed by some who failed to make allowances for different customs, temperaments,and language. That was not the operation of an "inner clique" either, rather a display of arrogant intolerance by some on here to someone with different customs, temperament and language!

With all due respect John, you've got a lovely car, but Johan was right, posting the same photo's of it on every thread that has the merest and most tenuous connection with your car is a little tedious.

There is absolutely nothing to stop you initiating a new thread and posting all the photos and commentary that you wish of your car in the "Lola T70 Lounge" section. I'm sure we'd all love to see more photos of your car and hear of some of your exploits there.

An "inner clique"? I don't think so!

Cheers,

Ron Earp

Admin

And, as a side note to Pete, Gordon, et. al., I’m not aware of anyone that has been chased off so to speak. We have banned a handful of people for behavior, but those are few and far between and not the people cited. Invite the people that are not present to the forum, maybe that would be one way to welcome them back to the forum. I know that some people left because of the Old Roaring Forties fiasco in 2006 that is a shame. I lost a bundle of money, I'm over it and I’m still here, as are a few of the others that lost a bunch. Everyone is welcome.<o:p></o:p>
Ron<o:p></o:p>

Keith

Wanni got trashed by some who failed to make allowances for different customs, temperaments,and language. That was not the operation of an "inner clique" either, rather a display of arrogant intolerance by some on here to someone with different customs, temperament and language!

Harsh......and not accurate mate.....there is always an agenda - you just have to find it and then all is clear......:)

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter

Isn't this pretty much a dead issue. Wanni's original post is approximately two months old and he has decided to stay, or have I missed something.

Edited for spelling, but perhaps now it should be deleted as the original post has been split??

Last edited:

There is a DEFINATE INNER-CLICK here on this site..Thats just the way it is.....

I don't think there is at all. I think you will find that there are definate friendships that are here on the forum that you may translate into what you describe as an inner-click. I have been on the foum for over four years now, and as my knowledge/contribution/assistance to other topics and forum members has grown, so have personal replations and friendships. Its always hard to enter a new group/company/club etc and it takes time for people to adjust to you and you to people IMO.

Brett

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Harsh......and not accurate mate.....there is always an agenda - you just have to find it and then all is clear......:)

This was originally a thread about Wanni but I see Wanni's original has been split off which makes my post look like it's come from nowhere:rolleyes:

I agree about Wannis agenda which was clear to everyone, but after a while he assimilated the customs and restraints that are the norm on here. Some of the less tolerant guys (I don't mean to be harsh, and I don't think I'm being inaccurate!;)) would have had him banned at an early stage and we would have lost some valuable insights, information and technical expertise that he has shared with us.

However I was just making the point relevant to this discussion that Wanni was not being trashed by an "inner clique" and neither is John Killgore.

I think when John (like Wanni) understands and observes the customs and restraints all will be well.

Cheers

I think all it takes to be in what ever clique you want to be in is to post more often and spend more time on the forum. I have been here less than a year and I think theis is my favorite forum. Everyone has made me feel very welcome. I spend more time on threads that interest me and that leads me to other people with similar interest and that leads to friendships. I don't visit areas of the forum that I don't have an interest in so I don't get to know the peple over there. Thats how it works.

Dean,

Very well said, and accurate to the tee. And I agree 100%.

I must add that wisdom is not gained over night. Once you have acquired the patience to allow the subject to rest before a voice is expressed, the better you will represent yourself, and how other people adjust to your temperment.

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
(Severe thread drift / entropy mode on...)

I think we ought to ban you, Dean, until you post more pictures of your RCR GT40 build!

(Severe thread drift / entropy mode off...)

I don't think there is much of a clique on this forum - but like any forum, there are accepted practices and norms. I will note that there is a LOT more good information than noise on this forum!

Back