Recent Forum Upgrades

Ron Earp

Admin
I have been extremely busy with work over the last three weeks so haven't posted much at all. The forum was audited and upgraded by a very experienced VB/Server company over the weekend and you should find it quite fast and responsive. Cost was reasonable, and I simply didn't have the time, or knowledge, to handle everything that needed doing.

There were a large number of issues with the forum: storage formats, OS versions, email issues, avatar/icon issues, attachment problems, and so forth. All of those have been fixed and repaired and the forum should be working quite well. As far as I can tell it is.

We are still having email issues with passwords and PM notification. There is no fix for this on our current server as it is tied up with our server mailer, mail program, and how that interacts with outside servers.

The next step will occur in 1-2 weeks. We've pretty much exhausted this virtual private server. We need better security, email verification (can't work on server we're on), a better backup system, and faster speed as well as more disk space. So, we will move to a managed dedicated server toward the end of the month. It is likely that you'll not notice any interruption of service.

I will also draft and formulate a new policy regarding registration, use, advertising, and so forth. Hopefully that'll be done in a week or so, shortly before our server upgrade.

Best,
Ron

Back