Issue with search function?

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

Earlier today I was wanting to look up a recent thread that I knew was titled "What causes heavy steering at racing speeds" and I did a search on 'heavy' using 'Search titles only' ; 'All open forums' ; 'At least 0 replies' ; 'From any date'. It brought up six threads but not the one in question

It's only because I knew the search should have brought the thread up that I realised the search function doesn't appear to be working as it should.

The point is, what is not being brought up that should be when we do a search? If you are doing a blind search i.e. you don't know what you should find, then you would never know what is missing!

Is this a problem with the search function and can it be rectified?

Ron, you are doing a great job with this forum and I fully support your ideas for the future. Keep up the good work I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts. It is certainly invaluable to me.

Thanks and best wishes

Ron Earp

Admin
Hmmm, it might be the search tables need to be rebuilt. That is a server intensive process though and might be better off started Saturday night. The forum typically sees much less traffic on weekends than weekdays. Interestingly enough some peak load times come during the middle of the day in the work week........what are all of you folks doing out there, looking at forums all day?? :)

I'll see what I can do about it and run a couple of checks myself.

Ron

Hmmm, it might be the search tables need to be rebuilt. That is a server intensive process though and might be better off started Saturday night. The forum typically sees much less traffic on weekends than weekdays. Interestingly enough some peak load times come during the middle of the day in the work week........what are all of you folks doing out there, looking at forums all day?? :)

I'll see what I can do about it and run a couple of checks myself.

Ron

You gotta remember Ron us Kiwi's & Aussies are half to threequarters of a day ahead of you guys without taking any other factors into consideration!!
FWIW in the chassis & wheel alignment tech section I only get the latest post when I open that forum- not a page of the historicals like the other forum sections.

Jac Mac

Ron Earp

Admin
FWIW in the chassis & wheel alignment tech section I only get the latest post when I open that forum- not a page of the historicals like the other forum sections.

Jac Mac

Go to your User CP and change your default view to show all threads. You have it set to "Show last 30 days" and threads that have not been active in that period will not show.

R

Ron Earp

Admin
Try it again now. I did not re-build the index as I forgot to last weekend, but I did change a parameter in the engine that could affect it. I will rebuild it this coming Saturday.

Ron

Back