Clicking on Forum Link Closes IE?

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Wondering if this is an issue with the site or just my computer? When I go to the RCR Forum and try to read "Working For The Dark Side" by clicking on the link my computer flickers like it is going to open and then Internet Explorer actually closes! Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave L

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Dave,

Seems to be working fine on a couple of pcs I've just tried it on, do any other threads or sites give a similar result?

Have you recently loaded any new software or updates to programs? or changed any security options?

As an afterthought, can you get to it from the link below?

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-forum-rcr40-rcr70-p4-mkiv/23982-working-dark-side.html

Paul -

I've never had it happen on any other site. But I have had it happen on a couple of threads here. No new software/updates/security changes.

Nope, the link you posted does not work either.

Oh well, Jac Mac may be correct - I'm just not supposed to read that one!

Dave L

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Interesting....I just tried opening the thread again and it closed down IE and then proceeded to repeatedly open and close IE. It got up to 15 new IE's before I finally closed it down - virus maybe? I just scanned my computer and didn't come up with anything.

Dave L

Malcolm

Supporter
I have had IE close on me a few times now but only when using this forum. Normally after I have been distracted by something and have stopped typing or flicking through threads and then when I restart doing that it dies! Weird.

Back