New Server

Ron Earp

Admin
Happy days!!!

The new server is up and running well (thanks to the group, PS Fantasy, I hired to do the swap - I was bedridden with the flu!). The performance seems to be much, much better than the old server and I'm not getting VB database errors every two hours.

I think most of you probably received the email I sent out to all GT40s.com members about the new server so I won't repeat that info here. More upgrades are planned such as VB software updates, new skins (colors and graphics in old school speak), new searching features, and a few other tweaks. We'll be doing those as soon as the latest version of VB goes final.

I know a few of you have some login problems and I'll get to those as soon as I can. I had my first full day of regular work today and I'm about beat already and will sleep soon. Seems it takes longer to get over these illnesses than it did some years back.....

Anyhow, while it doesn't look any different I do hope the new server does well for you and let me know if you notice anything odd.

Best,
Ron

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Ron,

Thanks ......and let us know when our previous "contributions" expire and it's time for a new pledge.

Steve P2125

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron,

Thanks ......and let us know when our previous "contributions" expire and it's time for a new pledge.

Steve P2125

Hi Steve,

The system will revoke the contribution status at the end of a year - your star will disappear. The system will also send you a nasty message - that isn't me!!! I just don't know where in the hell the stock text is to change.

As far as funding, well, when the site is down and the lights are out we're out of funding! :)

Best,
Ron

David

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

We don't want the site down and the lights to go out, so please send another broadcast e-mail "LONG" before that happens.

Back