2008 GT40s.com Upgrades and Changes

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Forum Members,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
As you’ve probably noticed, GT40s.com has undergone a fairly significant upgrade over the last few days. The development team that I hired did a fantastic job and made a painless upgrade process for us all.<o:p></o:p>
The major changes and improvements consist of the following items:<o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->
  • New forum software with updates and bug fixes applied, security of the system is improved

• Four new skins (motifs) to the forum, two old skins retained including the “low bandwidth” GT40s.com skin. Please, before deciding the new skins aren’t for you because you don’t like “flashy things” have a look at the classic and “low res” skins - just the thing for the no frills folks among us (me on some days!). To change your skin scroll to the bottom of ANY page and select the skin in the lower left hand pull down menu.

• New Random Photo Gallery, shown in the upper left this area will randomly load photos from ALL over the forum. You can click on a photo and it’ll take you to the thread where this photo is located. A cool feature the development team thought up and integrated on this site.

• Advertiser Index program that allows me to easily add and remove advertisers and maintain an advertisers page.

• More flexibility in how inline images are displayed – for example right now they are setup as thumnails on posts which GREATLY reduces server load. You hover over a thumbnail and you’ll see it full size. We can easily switch between this mode and the old way where all the photos were loaded at once.

• User features – click around in your “User CP” and you’ll learn about a lot of new features on the forum such as “Contacts and Friends”, user statistics, and so on. Have a look at the number of smiles available now....:pimp: Not sure how to use them all.....<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p> There are many other changes but I think these are the main things that most of us will be interested in checking out. <o:p></o:p>
I do hope you enjoy the changes and if you have suggestions for further improvements please let me know. I’ll be taking a break from the forum to focus on other things but I’ll be around via email and PMs. If you have any immediate issues please don’t hesitate to contact me, or, the other admins – Paul Thompson and Al Hirsbrunner.<o:p></o:p>
See you,<o:p></o:p>
Ron<o:p></o:p>

Back