All kinds of site issues

Help! Following is a list of problems I face everytime I am on the forum:

1. I have to log in multiple times to actually log in.
When I first login it it gives me the "welcome" screen but when the home page reloads I am not logged in. I usually have to login a second time to actually be authenicated.

2. The forum desktop "theme" randomly changes. No matter how many times I reset the theme back to my preference it still changes for no reason.

3. When I first login I can browse over pics and they pop right up the way they are suppose to. But recently, I have started getting Unauthorized User popups with suggestions that I refresh my browser or that I logout and re-login.

I did not see any similiar issues in previous threads so I am wondering if I am flubbing something up.

Thanks,

Sounds like something is up with your account or caching in your browser.
I lean towards the former, but alas, I have no way to know for sure.

Ian

Ian,
Thanks for the reply. I tend to agree with you as I have deleted cookies and cleared the temporary files on my browser in an effort to solve the problem.
It does not really surprise me, though. I'm the guy that walks by the television set and it stops working...

Sorry, John. I am at Version 6. I know of the problems with IE7 and have stayed far, far away from it.
These problems are really strange. I have never had any sort of issue on the forums or websites that I frequent. I can't help but think something screwy is going on with my account, as Ian suggested.
I appreciate the input. That's what I love about forums like this. Lots of good input and suggestions.:thumbsup:

Lately I can't view pitures unless I am logged in:thumbsdown:.

Lots of folks I know who lurk as visitors tell me the same thing.

S

Any progress on this ?

S
It isn't consistent if you're not logged in either- some images appear in-line with the post and can be displayed full size with a double click, and some just get an image icon that if clicked bring up a "You're not logged in or don't have permission" page. That's with Opera 9, IE 6 and Firefox 2, so it isn't a browser issue. My guess is that it has to do with whether the images were uploaded before or after the new changes to the site, but thats just a WAG. I'll see if I can find a pattern, but I think Ron's the one to ask.

Bingo, guys. The pic issues you discuss are one of my many problems. Since my original post I have installed Firefox on another machine and tried that. No luck. All the same stuff keeps happening.
I may request that my account be deleted and I will re-register. Just a shot in the dark but I have run out of ideas :cry:

Keith

Bingo, guys. The pic issues you discuss are one of my many problems. Since my original post I have installed Firefox on another machine and tried that. No luck. All the same stuff keeps happening.
I may request that my account be deleted and I will re-register. Just a shot in the dark but I have run out of ideas :cry:

I agree with the image inconsistency..if it's any help. I'm not that bothered though... :!blank:

(that's my unbothered face by the way)

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellows,

There isn't anything odd going on with the photos.

The forum is currently setup so that to see photos that are hosted on GT40s.com you MUST be logged in. There is a catch....

On some posts the images are not hosted on GT40s.com but linked in from somewhere else. Like this photo - the 163 will appear if you are logged in and if you are not logged in.

wh11-04.jpg

The photo below that I am placing in this post as an attachment should only show up if you are logged in. It will not show as a thumbnail unless you are logged in, it will show as a file name. If not logged in and you try to view it then you'll get an error that you do not have permission to view it:

Attachments

• srx.jpg
    srx.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 324

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Additionally, I think if you post an image link to an image on another forum, which has the same type of "login" requirements as this one, then the members here must be members there also to see it.

Whereas if you take a copy of the image and post it here as an attachment, then everyone who is a member, and is logged in, can see it, but be careful with copyrights........

Ron what are the views on linking to images posted elsewhere - is that considered copyright infringement?

Back