GT40s.com Advertisers and Support

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
A potential vendor recently brought a situation to my attention of which you should probably be aware. Internet Explorer has a banner advertisement blocker that is included in the download package and this feature can block banner advertisements from most sites. While many might consider this a good thing, advertisers considering an internet site for marketing do not consider this a “feature”. <o:p></o:p>
There are ways to defeat such blockers but they are not 100% successful. In fact, even with work on behalf of the host site there are cases where these blockers cannot be defeated.<o:p></o:p>
The reason I bring this up is that a potential advertiser chose not to advertise with GT40s.com as his ad blocker was able to defeat the modifications that we had in place. I have a programmer continuing work on the issue. But the problem brings up an potential problem with owning and managing a website like GT40s.com: if the patrons use ad blockers to defeat the banner adverts, and therefore don’t use the advertisers that support the site, then the site will disappear entirely. <o:p></o:p>
I work on the site for free – coordinating upgrades, fixing problems, emailing people passwords, making changes in people's info, and so forth. It ain't fun but I signed up for the job and I'll handle it. But the bills for the server time, developer time, software licenses, software upgrades, skin upgrades, addition of features, the occasional cost of attacks/crashes, and so on – all of these things require money to keep GT40s.com on air and with the exception of GT40s.com Supporters that money comes from the vendors that support the site. <o:p></o:p>
The bottom line is please support the vendors that support GT40s.com. It is healthy for the site in the long run and will keep the community thriving.<o:p></o:p>
Take care,<o:p></o:p>
Ron<o:p></o:p>

Back