How to view cars for sale or???

I am in the market for a GT 40 kit car but I admit I am not bucks up enough to afford an exacting replica but rather I am looking for what I call a "Grass roots kit car" you know like the Valkyrie, or better yet a Kellison GT 40 or one of the many spin offs like the LA Exotics, perhaps even a Fiero rebody

It appears I have to do something extra or pay a fee to see what's for sale here,

How much is the fee and since I am not seeking a purist replica but rather something you higher end purist folks might find sub-rate would things I seek even be listed for sale here?

Many thanks
Cheers,
P.

Ron Earp

Admin
P (maybe a name could help?),

Have you checked your browser settings? There are no special permissions needed to view pictures on the forum. If you are logged in you should be able to see them. Even folks that are not logged in should be able to view pictures.

Best,
Ron

Forgive me,
I go by "P" on the net in all the many forums I belong to,
Sorry for the confusion, It wasn't pictures but rather nothing was showing up when I clicked the for sale section, turns out it was just the forums display settings,
I would more than be happy to support your forum if it offers something for me, as in any interest and feedback for the lower end GT 40's, admitted I have not been here long enough to learn the members feelings on these so called "kit cars"
and I have been jaded by the way some people act towards low end kit cars no matter how well they are finished.
thanks and cheers,
P.

Ron Earp

Admin
You can set your profile to show all posts, not just the recent ones. That will allow you to see everything in a given forum.

We don't have a huge number of Kellisons, LA cars, or Fiero cars on the forum. I don't think you'll find people being rude toward those that want the cars, it is just we don't seem to attract many of those types of cars here. I think there are so many forums on the web that forum websites become extremely specific and there are sites for Fiero bodied cars, LA Exotic cars, and so on. Our forum happens to be extremely specific and tends to attract folks that replicate the cars is a highly accurate way.

Best,
Ron

Ron,
Thanks for being so kind and cool both on and off the forum,
The first issue with me not using my full name is just my little trademark,
Actually not here where I am new but all over the net people know the kit car fellow "P" or some just call me "Bats" from The13bats,
You know it's like a nick name which many folks use online especially in forums,

I come from the way if thinking that anyone into cars and car crafting are like a brotherhood we should all share in the camaraderie of the hobby, but that doesnt always happen,

Many times the old VW based kit cars are kicked to the corner like the red head step child,
It doesn't matter how well built the car is some people will trash it just because they don't like this or that about the body not being 100% replica,
But lets face it all the cars here are copies unless some lucky person has a real GT40 here.

I guess if I pushed it I could afford a newer replica but in many way I actually like the old stuff, the history is something no one can buy,
I was trying to be very honest if the Kellison GT40 which did become the LA exotics offering isnt talked about here then I will have limited things to offer but will still have much to gain here in mid engine stuff.

I really cant find any info on the LA Exotics GT40 must have not done well or not many built, so if anyone has a link to the story on it I would love to see it,

Again thanks for being cool and helping me out,
For people who do like the old junk here is my little forum,

GrassRootsKitCars : Grass Roots Kit Cars

Cheers,
P.

Hi "P",

OK, here's the best I can give you.

LA Exotics took over the Kellison. In turn, LA Exotics sold the Kellison rights to
T-3, who in turn is now built by Melson Motorsports:

GT-40 M Technical Photos

$7500 for the body, windows, and other hardware, and $10000 for the chassis,
suspension and such. Not sure if they are truly still in business.

You might also be interested in Lone Star's GT40, the LS40.
For about the same price as the Melson body and chassis, you get a whole
heckuva lot more. Use the Focus Zetec motor.

LS40 Kit Car Information

Oh, and last, but not least, Fiberfab is back in business, and still producing Valkyries.

http://www.fiberfab.us/

And, then there is the offering from V-8 Archie:

http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm

Then, there's ASPP - they have taken over the old NAF GT40 body kit for
Fieros. Not sure if they are still in business.

Oh, and just for the sake of it, the whole Kellison/LA Exotics/T-3/Melson saga was
discussed here years ago:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/all-gt40/13142-t-3-now-building-roaring-forties-gt40.html

Ian

Last edited:
Back