problems with thread display

Hi Ron,

Since last week the thread display mode seems stuck in one mode, and at a fixed depth of posts.
I have tried viewing the site using IE and Firefox (my preferred choice). Both do the same. This is on an XP machine.

Firefox version is 3.0.4.
IE version is 7.0.5730.11

i'm not sure if I'm the only one experiancing this, and whether anything significant has changed recently to cause this.
I don't think everyone will get the same though as my work pooter still displays the threads fine.

It gets a little confusing reading posts out of date sequence, so I thought I would ask. If there is nothing obvious then I'll just put up with it,

All the best,
John.

Ron Earp

Admin
Have you checked in your User CP where you can adjust how many posts to show at once? I have not had any other comments on the display.

Hi Ron,

yep, I have the settings on 'Linear oldest first' and '100 per page', but I get threads always displayed as hybrid, and definitely not 100 deep, more like 25 to 50 deep.

When I click on display modes, Hybrid is always highlighted, and if I choose either of the other two options it always comes back just the same.

I thought it might have just been Firefox, but it does the same in IE too on this laptop, and my desktop machine.
Odd eh ?

Cheers,
John.

Ron Earp

Admin
That is odd. I am running 3.0.5 Firefox and I can switch between the modes with no trouble. My IE is 7.0.6 and seems to do fine too. My previous version didn't exhibit odd behavior.

okay no problem Ron.
I'll try to figure out what is going on this end. If I get to the bottom of it then I'll post up the solution.
Maybe my security settings may be blocking something, although they haven't changed to my knowledge.

Cheers,
John.

Back