Vendors Needed on GT40s.com

Ron Earp

Admin
Happy Holidays to all!

Beginning in January there will be a few slots open for banner advertisements. We've a couple of vendors that are not renewing for 2009 and it would be ideal if we could pick up some replacements. In particular I'd love to have a transaxle supplier in the mix as that seems to be one of the most asked about topics on GT40s.com.

Additionally, tool and accessory vendors would be an excellent addition to the site. I know I'm spending a lot of money outfitting my new garage and I'm always on the prowl for new tools and accessories. I'd imagine the rest of you could also get some benefit from such a vendor.

If you know of a company that could use some exposure please pass on my contact information. GT40s.com has relied more and more on vendor funds to support the site as the individual support has waned over the years. Therefore it is important that I maintain a minimum number of advertisers to ensure sufficient funds for the site. It is hard for me to attract new vendors due to the amount of time it takes to simply start a conversation with a company. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Current advertisers can be viewed here:

GT40s.com Advertisers

However a couple of those will be dropping of the list in 2009.

Thanks much and I hope everyone is looking forward to a fantastic 2009!

Ron

Hi Ron
Are you in Raleigh NC? I am in Cary NC and would like to meet you in person to talk to you about advertising in/on this forum.

Ron Earp

Admin
Ivan: Any car or motorsports related vendor is welcome but we do limit the number of advertisers on the site. The forum doesn't exist to generate income, just cover the expenses. And, if we have too many vendors a single vendor won't get good coverage from the banner advert.

Johan: New vendors have year long banners ads for $900 per year. Some older vendors have lower grandfathered rates as long as they continue to renew the advert each year.

Cashburn: 600x60

CAV-US: PM sent. I live in Cary too. I simply put Raleigh in my profile since far more people know where that is located.

Ron Earp

Admin
Thus far we've had extremely limited response to this thread. I've had a few PM's about sponsorship and am pursuing those. However, I thought I'd bring this up to the top again in case there are GT40 affiliated companies out there that would like sponsor a forum where they could get a good bit of business.

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Johan,

Is there someone I should talk to at Lola? I don't know anyone in the UK affiliated with Lola but if you're willing to intercede that would be wonderful. Lola could sponsor the Lola forum, have banner advert that runs down there, many possibilities.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Johan,

I got your PM , thanks for the consideration. things can be change a bit with the Lola side of things of the forum too. For example, a link back to their site, some degree of subforums, and so on. Depends on what you or they think might be needed.

Take care,
Ron

Lola had a meeting and enjoyed looking over the website. They want to know what an SL-C is ... thought it was a nice looking car. Nobody there wants to be the contact person though. Can't imagine why !

Back