New Post Filter

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, well, ask and you shall receive.

The forum now has a feature you can use to exclude forums from the "New Post" listing. To set it up do the following (you must be logged in):

1. Click on "User CP" on the far left of the lower menu.
2. Under "Settings and Options" select "Edit Options".
3. Scroll down to the bottom to the "Forums to Exclude from View" and follow the directions.

Don't like the Paddock? Filter it out. Don't like CanAm cars? Filter'em.

And it gets even better.

What if you don't like a certain member? You can filter them out too!

1. Click on the user's name and then "View Public Profile"
2. On the first menu bar under their name select "User Lists"
3. Select "Ignore User"

Enjoy your bliss!

Now, no more complaining about people, posts, or subforums. You have the tools to set up your own nanny state in case you can't practice enough self-restraint to avoid threads or people that will piss you off.

Link to:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/site-questions-suggestions-comments/30144-paddock-subforum-index-not.html

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Now just a cotton picking minute here Ron.

All the above instructions means is that you expect us to look after ourselves and make our own decisions.

Being as we live in a Nanny State it has to be done for us.

You surely can't expect that we can decide for ourselves.

Thanks for all the effort Ron and I hope this will put an end to some of your headaches.

Dimi

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well done Ron.

I liked this site just the way you had it, but now you have further enhanced it for those that wish to tailor it to their own requirements. Really it just keeps getting better and better. By far the best motoring resource that I have come across.

Thank you Ron!

Keith

Well if it keeps your PM box leaner then fair play Ron. "You can please some of the people some of the time" etc...

What a thankless task you must have.. I'll bet there are days when you scream obscenities at your VDU in frustration, but you do come up with workable solutions all the time. Hmm, ever thought about running for World President?

Anyway, while I'm here, can I ask a question or two about the new features?

As I have sometimes been obliquely (and quite fairly I would add) described as having more noise than signal (a phrase which, incidentally I detest even more than "my bad" which is saying something), and, the likleyhood that I will be on many peoples "Ignore" list, is there a way to know who is ignoring you so that you can ignore them right back?

Being a very competitive fellow, I can also see some mileage in a "Most Ignored Poster" feature with a free membership to the Cobra Forums perhaps for the winning party.

Thanks

Keith Hardy

Ron Earp

Admin
As I have sometimes been obliquely (and quite fairly I would add) described as having more noise than signal , and, the likleyhood that I will be on many peoples "Ignore" list, is there a way to know who is ignoring you so that you can ignore them right back?

Seriously? You care?

The ignore feature has been around since 2004 so if you're being ignored it isn't bothering you. I just pointed out the ignore feature at this time since it seemed to go somewhat hand in hand with the forum filter.

Nope, you can't tell who is ignoring you.

Keith

No, don't care Ron. Tongue was well in cheek and trying to bring in a bit of levity.

No complaints suh! All is good. Ooora! :drunk:

Ron Earp

Admin
Sorry, maybe I was a bit too serious here having my cereal for breakfast!

The Development company I use, Magneticat Development, adapted an already existing tool for VB to do this job. Cost was nil so it worked out perfectly.

Ron,
I am betting an error message every time I try to open the Gallery. Any ideas?
Sorry if I posted in the wrong heading.
Garry

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Wow, Ron, that's fantastic!! It was just a "brain-fart" I had, I really didn't expect it to be a possibility once you explained that it would take beaucoup programming. Now to find you have made it a reality is just TOO GOOD!!

You rock, dude--I second your nomination for President of the World, you've demonstrated time and time again your ability to create solutions out of problems, we could certainly use someone like you in charge (as long as we wouldn't lose you here on the forum!!).

Cheers, Ron, for a job well done!!

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
Wow, Ron, that's fantastic!! It was just a "brain-fart" I had, I really didn't expect it to be a possibility once you explained that it would take beaucoup programming. Now to find you have made it a reality is just TOO GOOD!!

You rock, dude--I second your nomination for President of the World, you've demonstrated time and time again your ability to create solutions out of problems, we could certainly use someone like you in charge (as long as we wouldn't lose you here on the forum!!).

Cheers, Ron, for a job well done!!

Doug

Thanks but it wasn't me that did the work, the developer Carlito did. And also thanks for the nomination for Pres but as you probably know I don't care much for politics, therefore I'll have to decline. But I imagine if you look down in the Paddock for another candidate you'll have no end of volunteers. They've got it all figured out. :poke:

Keith

Oh come on guys... I'll soon be talking to myself...:sad:

Hello, hello?

Is anybody out there? :worried:

Back