Please help me!

Ron, I am dumb here, cant find anything. When go to chassis forumn, there is 1 post, yet shows 1074 answers? Where are all the posts or threads or ropes or whatever you call them---how i find???? Why is this so complicated? This is same as Gunbroker, spend all my time trying find something. What school i need to go to do this? I want to build a car and for sure lots of info here but where is it? Is there any solution? Anything I can teach myself how to use this?
Dick Bartmann

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Hi, Dick. Good to see you're still around!

When you look at the forum board with all the subforums there, it is only the most recent post in each subforum that is displayed to the right of the subforum name. If you click on that you'll get the thread with the most recent post, but not all of the threads in the subforum.

If, however, you click on the subforum name on the left side, you'll get them all. Here is a bit of help, just click on this (it is what came up when I clicked on the subforum name):

GT40 Tech - Chassis,Brakes,Tires,&Wheels - GT40s.com

All this is predicated upon the assumption that you are clicking on the "Forum" button at the top left of the page, directly under the GT40s.com logo. Is that correct?

Keep asking....there's help available from those of us who have managed. This was my very first forum to join, it took a while.

Let us know how this worked, OK?

Doug

Thanks but i dont get it. I DO click on forums 1st. If go to pwtrain/transax there is whole page of threads plus 52 more pages. If click on Chassis,brakes,tires,wheels, there are 2 and no pages. Yet both show over a 1000 threads. Gunbroker same crapola---------can't find anything. The fun of looking is gone. I'm not PC illiterate but apparently I am. I don't understand why i have no problems anywhere else but these to sameo-samo sites. What is a "sticky"

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Not sure what to tell you, Dick. I just clicked on "Chassis, Brakes, Tires, Wheels" and got 54 pages of info, here's a link:

GT40 Tech - Chassis,Brakes,Tires,&Wheels - GT40s.com

A "sticky" is a thread that a moderator/administrator has "stuck" to the top of the first page of each of the subforums. This is done for a variety of reasons, perhaps it is information the admin wants everyone to read (like "Rules"), perhaps it is a topic that gets very frequent traffic and the admin doesn't want it to disappear onto the successive pages on the subforum. It stays "stuck" on the top of page 1 of each subforum regardless of how many threads subsequently appear on the subforum. Only an admin/moderator can do this, we members can't.

I know how it can be to feel "...PC illiterate". Sometimes it can be the settings in your user control panel (try as I have, I can't seem to get an Avatar to display!!), but I doubt that's the case if you're getting all the pages in Transaxles but only 2 threads in the Chassis subforum.

Keep asking....would hate for you to get frustrated :furious: and leave if we can help you get the results you want.

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
Dick, go to a subforum. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You'll see some controls there. Make sure your controls are set tp the following, exactly like this:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr valign="bottom"><td class="smallfont" style="padding-right: 6px;"><label for="sel_sort">Sorted By</label>
<select name="sort" id="sel_sort"> <option value="title">Thread Title</option> <option value="lastpost" selected="selected">Last Post Time</option> <option value="dateline">Thread Start Time</option> <option value="replycount">Number of Replies</option> <option value="views">Number of Views</option> <option value="postusername">Thread Starter</option> <option value="voteavg">Thread Rating</option> </select> </td> <td class="smallfont" style="padding-right: 6px;"> <label for="sel_order">Sort Order</label>
<select name="order" id="sel_order"> <option value="asc">Ascending</option> <option value="desc" selected="selected">Descending</option> </select> </td> <td class="smallfont"> <label for="sel_daysprune">From The</label>
<select name="daysprune" id="sel_daysprune"> <option value="1">Last Day</option> <option value="2">Last 2 Days</option> <option value="7">Last Week</option> <option value="10">Last 10 Days</option> <option value="14">Last 2 Weeks</option> <option value="30">Last Month</option> <option value="45">Last 45 Days</option> <option value="60">Last 2 Months</option> <option value="75">Last 75 Days</option> <option value="100">Last 100 Days</option> <option value="365">Last Year</option> <option value="-1" selected="selected">Beginning</option> </select> </td> </tr> <tr valign="bottom"> <td class="smallfont" colspan="2"> </td> <td class="smallfont" style="padding-top: 6px;" align="right"> <input class="button" value="Show Threads" type="submit"> </td></tr></tbody></table>
You can also control that in your User CP. If you give me your password I'll login as you and see if you have something screwed up in your User CP as far as viewing goes.

Ron----------THANKS. Of course I see problem now,was not on begining, that fixed it. I apologize for being so short--I was ticked off. RAB

Back