Posting pictures

I'll be starting a TSC 40 build in the next few weeks,can someone eitheh steer me to a existing thread or let me know how pictures are posted.I plan to post pics' as my build goes forward.
Thanks, Bill

Without knowing Bill I would guess that you haven't answered his question, which is how to post pictures on a thread. I would be interested to know this also. I think Paul Thompson posted details some while ago but I can't find it doing a Search so, along with Bill, can anyone give us the necessary info?

Chris

Hey guys,
Posting pics is easy and you can do it two ways(for me). The first is to first get the pics on your computer and know where they are. Start your thread or "post a response". Type in what you want to say. If you want the pics to show up immediately following part of what you have posted and will type more then:
Open an account on a picture posting site. I use Photobucket and will tell you this way. I would imagine the other sites are similar. First upload your pics to Photobucket. Type away and once you reach the mark where you want the pic to appear, hit the minimize button(small line in the upper right hand portion of your screen). Open your browser a second time and go to the Photobucket site and locate the pic. When you place the mouse over the pic, several small address lines will open just below or beside the pic. Your choices will be "Email, Direct Link, Html, and Img Code". Choose Direct link by Left click the code, then right click it and choose "Copy". Open the GT40s window and choose the picture of the "mountain top" at the top of the posting window. Left click it, and then right click in the window and chose paste, which is the link to Photobucket. Don't worry about the darkened http, it will disappear. If you right click in the window the http will remain and you will have to erase it before you right click and paste. Click O K and your pic should magically appear in the post. Hit the enter button and continue typing. When finished, hit the preview post button to see if it looks the way you want, then hit the "submit reply"
If you have typed the entire post and want to insert the pic in the middle, do the same thing accept when you are ready to add it, put the cursor where you want it before you hit the "mountain top" button. Do the rest and it will magically appear there.

If you want it to be a "thumbnail" at the end of your post. Put the pic on your computer and remember where it is. Type your post. When done, scroll down to the "manage attachments" button. Click on it. A window with 5 "browse" choices and a list of file types and sizes will open. Ignore the file sizes. The web site will automatically re size the pic for you if the pic is very large. If it is small, when people click on it, it will stay small. Hit the first browse button and navigate to the pic on your computer. Click on it and its address or title will appear in the "open" line. Hit open and it will be listed in the first browse spot. If you want more just continue with the next browse button. If you want to add more than 5, hit the upload button and once they are listed under the post you can go to the manage attachments again and upload more. When finished, hit the preview button and see if it looks the way you want. If you accidently uploaded a pic of your aunt Hilda, you can cancel it and add another by the same process.
This is how I do it. Simple and straight forward.Hope this helps.

Bill

just trying to upload a pic

Attachments

• GT40 JUNE TO SEPTEMBER 061.jpg
    GT40 JUNE TO SEPTEMBER 061.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 230
Back