Site "View" Settings won't Save

Keith

Hi Ron, annoying but not critical. I find the "MKII Light" Forum view kinder to my eyes and easier to read. However, from 2 days ago, it will not retain this setting and defaults into "Classic" view each time I fire up GT40s. I can then change the setting to my preferred view, but I wondered if I have hit the wrong button somewhere?

Thanks

Keith

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I had the same thing happen to me, Keith. I changed back to the MKII light and it has "held" for the past two days.

Did you click on the "Save Changes" box at the bottom after you changed to the MKII skin?

Doug

Keith

Thanks for the info Doug but I can't find a place to "save changes" but perhaps I'm looking on the wrong page because you can change the skin on any page in the forum.

Which page did you save it on?

And, if it happened to you too, is there a 'ghost' in the machine?

Keith1;304818 And said:
If there is a Ghost he's a busy bar steward & gets around, been down my way as well, I'll let you guys figure it out.... Id much rather have the MKIV :) page formatt, but Earp went & painted it in his favourite 'Bumble Bee' black & yellow, must have been on special @ home depot!

Keith

If there is a Ghost he's a busy bar steward & gets around, been down my way as well, I'll let you guys figure it out.... Id much rather have the MKIV :) page formatt, but Earp went & painted it in his favourite 'Bumble Bee' black & yellow, must have been on special @ home depot!

Just checked - yep! It's yaller all right!

Ouch...:shocked:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the info Doug but I can't find a place to "save changes" but perhaps I'm looking on the wrong page because you can change the skin on any page in the forum.

Which page did you save it on?

And, if it happened to you too, is there a 'ghost' in the machine?

It's in your "User CP", Keith.

Find "Settings & Options"

Then click on "Edit Options"

Scroll almost all the way to the bottom to the "Miscellaneous Options"

In the "Forum Skin" section drop down menu choose "MkII Lemans (light)"

Then scroll all the way down to the botton and click on the "Save Changes" tab at the left.

I was a bit surprised to see the old "Gulf Livery" screen a couple of days ago, too.....just took a while to figure out how to get the change to remain permanent.

Good luck!

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
. Id much rather have the MKIV :) page formatt, but Earp went & painted it in his favourite 'Bumble Bee' black & yellow, must have been on special @ home depot!

I didn't have much choice. Used Jim G's car for the graphics and it is yellow. But, I must say, the layout didn't turn out like I thought it might. A bit too pale. Probably need to redo the MKIV one and the MKI racer, the latter is also a bit pale with some pink that is not cool.

Oh!! We should have an Essex Wire motif, I bet that one would look good. Anyone got any good shots of that color scheme?

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Keith,
mine changed too a couple of days ago. I think Dave sent Ron a bottle of Limoncello:laugh:
go to 'User CP' then to 'Edit Options'
then scroll down to Miscellaneous Options
Look for 'Forum Skin' change drop down menu to your choice
then click 'Save Changes' at the bottom.

Dave

Keith, My display also changed spontaneously a couple of days ago. I changed it as per instructions above, and saved changes. When I call up the site it has the "new"look, but once I log in, goes to the old look I have saved.

Back