Superformance forum

What happened? SPF not in " GT40 Replica Manufacturers' Corner" any more.

Did I miss something?

I don't see Superformance in the manufacturer's corner anymore. Did they not pay their bills? Did I not pay my bills? Oversight?

I demand answers!! Or, at least a plausible explanation. :drunk:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
If anyone here buys a new GT40 chassis from me, I will re-up the forum for FIVE years in the name of the buyer!

Yeah, OK, I'll just probably have to pay up myself................

Last edited:
Re: What happened? SPF not in " GT40 Replica Manufacturers' Corner" any more.

Ron, DRB Australia are not in the GT40 Replica Manufacturers' Corner any more either, and there are lots of DRB's in Australia, both registerd and under construction.

Ron Earp

Admin
Guys, those subforums are paid for by the manufacturers that sponsor them. The companies in question decide whether or not to continue the subforums. After a period of time the threads in the discontinued manufacturers subforums are dispersed to their closest matching existing technical subforums.

DRB used to sponsor a subforum many years back but discontinued that some time ago.

Ron

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Guys,

Not looking for contributions. Lance (SPF) is at SEMA and a little busy right now with the Corvette Grand Sport intro.

I have committed to Ron that if corporate does not sponsor the forum, I will. I am trying to get it back up ASAP.

Thanks for the offers.....I need the forum to sell our GT40 seal kits as well as for the volume of knowledge that passes therough here.

Also be sure you have seen Main Page - GT40-Tech

Some of our SPF bretheren have put together and additional source of information. And Randall Thomas from SCOF (Superformance Copbra Owners Forum) now has a GT40 MK II and is working on increased GT participation.

Hopefully this will just be a minor blip........

Ron Earp

Admin

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Also be sure you have seen Main Page - GT40-Tech

Some of our SPF bretheren have put together and additional source of information. And Randall Thomas from SCOF (Superformance Copbra Owners Forum) now has a GT40 MK II and is working on increased GT participation.

Rick -- I don't quite follow: what are you referring to by "additional source of information?" I'm aware of Lynn's wiki, the howto corner, and SCOF. Is there something else?

I'm here and would be glad to do whatever is in the best interest of the group. Now that I have a car that runs I've been on the road this summer enjoying it. I've put over 7K miles on it this summer and plan to drive the wheels off the thing even during the winter months. As long as the heater keep working and the roads allow I'll be out there terrorizing the locals. I also have more "upgrades" planed when the snow gets to deep to venture out.

Ron Earp

Admin
Most of the "How to Corner" is a) repeated on Wiki b) mostly specific for Superformance. Richard and Lynn did a good job with the articles, but maybe it makes sense to put them in the SPF Subforum if SPF is going to continue sponsorship, or, to put them into their respective technical subforums. Comments?

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Most of the "How to Corner" is a) repeated on Wiki b) mostly specific for Superformance. Richard and Lynn did a good job with the articles, but maybe it makes sense to put them in the SPF Subforum if SPF is going to continue sponsorship, or, to put them into their respective technical subforums. Comments?

I'd like to see SPF stuff centralized as much as possible. I wish there were a way to pull Lynn's wiki into the SPF forum. IOW, I'd rather see Lynn's stuff all in one place (even if not SPF associated) than to see it distributed amongst the technical subforums where it will be relatively harder to find for someone looking for SPF specific information.

Back