Supporter Subscriptions

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

I have recently altered the Supporter Subscriptions so that they do not automatically renew. There have been so many problems with understanding how the process works that it ends up upsetting the users and creating a lot of problems for me to correct.

To prevent future problems I'd like for all Forum Supporters to do the following:

1) Log into your PayPal account
2) Go to the section that lists "Reoccurring Subscriptions" (Check PayPal help if you cannot find it)
3) Delete the GT40s.com reoccurring subscription if you have one.

I hope that this won't cause any problems for Supporters and folks will continue to support the forum, even if they need to sign up manually each year to do so. I do appreciate the support funds for the forum as without them the forum wouldn't be on line for all to enjoy.

Take care,
Ron

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ron,

I'm leaving mine on auto payment and I suggest everybody to do the same!!
If it was not for the forum, so many folks would be lost in there builds..

Keep up the great website!!

John

Ron Earp

Admin
I appreciate the gesture but please, turn off the subscriptions. They cause a lot of problems and I end up having to deal with one a week at minimum. The auto renewal seems to trigger issues like:

1. Payment will not go through for some reason and the user thinks they are a supporter but in reality is not.
  2. Payment goes through but the user Title and icon is not displayed properly. I do one of these a week where a user doesn't have the rotating icon.
  3. And the big one - you guys forget it auto-renews. So a year goes by, you re-up again manually via the site, and now you have two subscriptions active at once, and worse, in one year you'll have two auto-renews going off and you are likely to add a third. This happens twice a month at least.
So please, remove those auto subscriptions. I notice a few of you have done so already and that is much appreciated.

Best,
Ron

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Lots easier just to sign up as a lifetime supporter.

It avoids all these renewal hassles, and you can't beat the annual rate, especially if you're a young guy. You could conceivably get 28 years of membership for just a tad over $10 per year. The one time single year Gold membership is $100!!! :thumbsup:

Plus as a lifetime supporter you get a really cool GT40s.com email address.

What button do I press to DOWNGRADE my membership?

At some point, I would be selling my FAKE GT-40 on this Forum. I think I should pay membership dues if the car is sold,,,,if not, you should get NOTHING. AND NO, I am not related to Simon or Frank Kitty Cat.

Ron Earp

Admin
Plus as a lifetime supporter you get a really cool GT40s.com email address.

Oops, sorry, not anymore. There were some legal ramifications with that offering which GT40s.com does not need to be involved.

What button do I press to DOWNGRADE my membership?

What membership? :)

At some point, I would be selling my FAKE GT-40 on this Forum. I think I should pay membership dues if the car is sold,,,,if not, you should get NOTHING. AND NO, I am not related to Simon or Frank Kitty Cat.

Good thing you are just Faili. If you were those other guys then I'd have thought you were going to suggest that people pay to read YOUR posts. :)

Iron Sheik, a thousand pardons, but you must not part from the Mosque of Fiberglass and our coven of infedels. How can the shifting sands possibly bring you those like Andrew FORD-dice and Franklin of Catt that have given you so much of both irritation and amusement?

Clappster,
Where is “Andy Dice Clay”??! He must be in a retirement home by now ,,,,Kitty Catt is doing very well pedaling his Gold Plated car parts to European imbeciles. BTW, what’s with the PENTAGRAM on top of your name? I didn’t know you were Jewish!

I might contribute, if the sign near my Avatar can be guaranteed to be a "Sword" or the word JIHAD,,,,etc

Back