Change in Forum Support "Subscriptions"

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

I appreciate your support of the forum and hope that GT40s.com is serving your needs for "GT40 Talk". The financial support is welcome and it is used to keep the server on and the software up to date. This site would not exist if not for the folks that contribute financially to the operating costs.

For 2011 all automatically renewing support subscriptions are going to be canceled. There are just too many problems that arise from automatically renewing subscriptions that I simply can't address them all and respond to each of them in a timely manner. Some problems arise because the PayPal payment will fail for various reasons, others from the fact that people forgot they had an automatically recurring subscription and then think GT40s.com is trying to defraud their PayPal account.

So, as of today all automatic support subscriptions will be canceled. What does this mean for you as a forum member? Well, not that much. If you are a supporter of the forum and wish to remain so it simply means you'll need to manually go here:

Forum Support

And click on the level of support you'd like and sign up. And if you wish to remain a forum supporter you'd need to do it each year. That is really about all there is to it. Your support will not be automatically renewed each year but you can easily check on your "Supporter Icon" to determine if you are still current or not.

I hope this change doesn't cause any problems for anyone. I suspect that the forum funds might drop a bit due to non-auto renewals but I think it is something that must be accepted in the interest of workload and time.

Thanks much,
Ron

Was there an option to choose if you wanted automatic renewal or not in the past & you still had these problems? If not, maybe that would do the trick? Just be sure the option is VERY obvious & not selected by default.

:chug:

Ron Earp

Admin
Was there an option to choose if you wanted automatic renewal or not in the past & you still had these problems?

Yep, you could select it. And the problem was people WOULD select to renew it automatically and then forget that over the year and write me saying "How come GT40s.com is trying to charge my account?" along with nasty notes from Paypal disputes. No option now, no trouble.

Back