Facebook Features

Pat

Supporter
Is there a GT40's.com Facebook page? It may be a fun way to boost membership.

A small related suggestion, would it be possible to add a "Like" button so we could agree with posts we find noteworthy a-la Facebook? It would be a good way to agree without the traffic of a post.

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm sure there is a plugin for VB. I'll check on it. Problem is VB is getting long in the tooth and there are newer forum engines out there that are better.

If you get some sort of facebook plugin or code snippet from a 3rd party (not facebook) it will most likely be a method for spamming. Many of these plugins, although they do work, steal your Facebook information in the process. Once they have your email account, we know what happens then...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I don't FB, never have.

I like my anonymnity (GEEZ, did I spell that correctly???) too much to spread myself all over the internet.

Big brother is watching, amigos!!!

Doug

I think it would be good for gt40s.com to have some presence on all social media channels, it would certainly help promote the site. I have a GT40 build thread on Facebook and have 550 followers.

I've had a few people buy kits after following the build and asking me questions on FB.
https://www.facebook.com/GT40builder

Worth thinking about

Trev

One thing that struck me during the recent events, was that when I started to read the thread about the crash, I had no idea who was being referred to, (I did not instantly recognise the car either). Then somewhat sadly, when I searched, I did recognise Tom's avatar (sad that I recognised another human this way).

It may be an idea to require users to upload a pic of themselves in the bio section, most up us will do it gladly. I should also say that spoofers and scammers hide behind the anonymity of forums and the internet. I see the forum as a community, and in that context I'd like to have a face in my head for you guys, rather than an avatar. So lets have both!

As we used to say here, just my tuppence worth, Keith.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I agree so here it goes... Me!

kramer.jpg

It may be an idea to require users to upload a pic of themselves in the bio section, most up us will do it gladly. I should also say that spoofers and scammers hide behind the anonymity of forums and the internet. I see the forum as a community, and in that context I'd like to have a face in my head for you guys, rather than an avatar. So lets have both!

As we used to say here, just my tuppence worth, Keith.

Back