Question and Comment re: GT40 Bot

Ron Earp

Admin
See my post in the "Paddock" thread that mentions bots. No, there isn't a way to filter them out and yes, I'm aware that it isn't finding GT40 replicas. I have been tweaking it over the last few weeks and I think that the new RSS feed query will greatly narrow the results.

Is it possible for you (Ron) to just manually block this one user? It seems that all these junk Ford GT posts are stemming from GT40Bot.

Thanks for all that you do for us--I don't enough people recognize the work that managing this forum entails, day after day after day....

Ron Earp

Admin
Is it possible for you (Ron) to just manually block this one user? It seems that all these junk Ford GT posts are stemming from GT40Bot.

Thanks for all that you do for us--I don't enough people recognize the work that managing this forum entails, day after day after day....

Mike, GT40Bot is a RSS Feed bot that I control. I give it the search parameters and it automatically searches and posts what it finds every X period of time. It is part of the Ebay Affiliate program that I am trying out to see if the revenue can make up for the lack of advertisers these days.

I have narrowed the search feed so that hopefully it will not display Ford GT cars.

Thanks,
Ron

Back