is there a problem with the PM system?

go to the PM page and at the bottom the legend with the closed envelope says it's a read message and the open envelope says unread. surely these should be the other way around?

i just sent a PM and went to the sent box, it immidiatly showed a closed envelope according to the legend as being read. this is impossible in that short amount of time.

i have others showing a closed envelope but i now dont really know if they have been read as i have had no replys from them???

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Barry,

First off, the PM box shows what YOU have done with your messages, not what others have done. So, sure, a message in your Sent shows you have read it, at least, that is to say everything in my Sent Box shows that I have read it.

Secondly those icons aren't envelopes. It looks like they pieces of paper, or "messages", and they don't open or close but turn color. Have a look at the attachment.

If you want Private Message Receipts you have that option to turn it on when you send the message. The user decides if s/he wants to notify you that they've read the message or not.

Hope that helps.

Ron

Attachments

• messages.jpg
    messages.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 224
Back