Help - How to Make an Avatar Photo

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Re: help

Go to your "control panel" and find the section for "avatar" (that's what the little photo that appears beside our user names is called).

AFAIK, it needs to be a "small" photo. I uploaded my photo to Photobucket, used their "edit" function to reduce the size to the smallest available, then copied the "direct" link (I think, but not sure) into the "Avatar" section on the control panel, and you can see by my username how that worked out (need a better photo, for sure!!).

Cheers, and good luck. It was hard for me to figure out, too.

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
thanks doug,where do you put the link?is there a easy way please let me know?
thanks wayne

Sure, Wayne.

Click on "User CP", all the way to the left on the colored horizontal bar above the area where our posts appear.

Next, go to "Settings and Options" and choose the first option, labeled "Edit Avatar". You will get a page which offers options....the first is "Do not use an Avatar", right below that is "Use Custom Avatar". Click on the circle by "Use Custom Avatar" and then post your Photobucket link to the first line. I tried to upload an image from my computer, but could not get the image to a small enough size, so I used the URL link to post my edited Photobucket image.

Sadly, I can't tell you which link I posted, when I open my CP it doesn't show my link, just has an empty line where I can post a replacement.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Doug

thanks doug i finaly made it work thanks for all your help.it is easier to work on cars than try to use computers.
thanks wayne

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Looks good, Wayne.

We LOVE the MKIV around here...how about posting a build thread?

Photos, photos, photos......after all, this applies to any build thread:

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

Cheers! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum!

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks...found it while you were replying.

There's been lots of talk about blown engines in our projects, just not many doing it.

Yours looks MEAN! I recall a company making Ferarri Dino replicas in the 1970's and most of them were VW based, but they did offer a tube frame to mount a Oldsmobile Toronado V-8/transaxle arrangement. The company's name was Kelmark and they ran a blown Olds V-8 in their factory show car....yours will be better, as the Toronado FWD transaxle required the Olds engine to be mounted too high, the car was good for 1/4 mile use, but the high center of gravity made turning corners an adventure.

Already subscribed to your build thread....lookin' good!

Cheers!

Doug

Back