Did the forum color scheme change?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ditto for me as well.. Perhaps the old default skin file became corrupted or something. Need to wait for Ron on this one..

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I thought maybe we had upgraded with some new software that allowed video embedding...

Ron Earp

Admin
I tried all the other options and I can't find the old color scheme. I want the old scheme back :(

Scroll down to the bottom right and select your favorite one. They are all still there, the default is now MKII Light.

I thought maybe we had upgraded with some new software that allowed video embedding...

Wow, video embedding:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF-db7bX9LI&feature=g-vrec]Ford Shelby GT500 vs Chevrolet Camaro ZL1! - Head 2 Head Episode 11 - YouTube[/ame]

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hmmm... Ron, it appears that the original skin (to which I grew quite fond of) is not within that drop down selection.. Unless I am missing something...

Thanks for the embedded video capability! :thumbsup:

To select from the available (new) skins, select the ‘user CP’ tab (up there, on the left…)

From there, on the left side, you’ll see a menu with “Your Control Panel” at the top. Partway down, is “Settings and Options.” Within that, select “Edit Options.”

Scroll down towards the bottom, and “Miscellaneous Options”. One of them is “Forum Skin”. There are several different choices there. Select one, then at the bottom of the page, choose “Save Changes”. It will immediately be implemented and you can see how you like it. Repeat as necessary until you get one that you like.

Personally, and I’m sad to say, I don’t really like any of the current choices, preferring the old Gulf skin (although I find the Gulf color scheme to be very trite and overdone, the forum skin was more favorable to me than any of the other alternatives on offer at the time). The least objectionable of the new skins, to me, is “Mk II Le Mans (Light)”

But of course, each of us will have his own opinion on his favorite…what I'd like to see is one that reflects the 1965 Shelby colors of Guardsman Blue with white stripes...but this is a trivial matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm just glad this forum exists and that people like Ron are willing to devote the not-inconsiderable amount of effort to keep it going!

Ron Earp

Admin
Yo Fellows,

These color schemes have been around since 2006. Yep, it's true. There are no new schemes - only the default scheme has changed to MKII Le Mans (Light). There are seven schemes in total and if you select them at the bottom of the page or in your user CP as Mike indicated you'll find your old favorite.

Sort of like bringing out a different color but same old flavor of Jello at the rest home isn't it?

Ron

Yo Fellows,

These color schemes have been around since 2006. Yep, it's true. There are no new schemes - only the default scheme has changed to MKII Le Mans (Light). There are seven schemes in total and if you select them at the bottom of the page or in your user CP as Mike indicated you'll find your old favorite.

Sort of like bringing out a different color but same old flavor of Jello at the rest home isn't it?

Ron

Ron, I only see 5 schemes, and the one I used in the past isn't there any longer (having cycled through all 5 of the available ones).

Is there a secret handshake or something to get back the original Gulf scheme I used to have?

Dam, changes here too? Delta just changed their web site too! this is like rearranging Hellen Kellers furniture. whats next 'windows 5000' rearrange, rename, rearrange, rename gotta love it!

There are no new schemes - only the default scheme has changed to MKII Le Mans (Light).

The new Gulf scheme is very different from the old one--it's almost blinding. Some of the colors may be the same, but others have changed. I haven't looked at the other skins in years, but I think some of them are different too.

One of the differences is the text color--I think it used to be black? Now it's orange...

Ron Earp

Admin
Gulfs.

Attachments

• gt40classic.jpg
    gt40classic.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 310
  • gt40gulf.jpg
    gt40gulf.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 265
New Gulf: Gak! :shocked2:

How much would it cost to get the old Gulf skin back? Is this some sort of surreptitious fundraiser for the forum? :laugh:

Ron Earp

Admin
New Gulf: Gak! :shocked2:

How much would it cost to get the old Gulf skin back? Is this some sort of surreptitious fundraiser for the forum? :laugh:

Can you show me a picture o the Gulf that is "missing"? I never used the Gulf skins myself so never paid attention to them, but I can assure you I've not changed any of them.

Back