GT40s.com Down

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, due to all the arguing down in the paddock the server was overloaded and crashed the site. Thanks guys!

Seriously, the site was down due to a nameserver error. GT40s.com gets renewed on the 22nd of December and for some reason we lost the DNS entries. Normally this is trivial, but due to a difference in the some servers at where GT40s.com is registered the wrong DNS entry got put into the system. It showed correctly to me, but was wrong in the system and eventually a helpful tech at Dotster sorted it out for me.

Anyhow, GT40s.com is back up as you fellows have noticed. Have a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year!

Ron

Hi Ron Thanks for all the hard work you do to keep this site up and running. Now that it's back I and the Family wish you and yours a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. From the Hunts

Hi Ron,

Noticed this 1st thing and assumed you had not paid the rental ! :huh::huh:

But then spared a thought for guys like Keith & Dave- they must have been suffering withdrawal symptoms. :worried:worried:

Anyway, pleased its sorted, well done & a Happy Festive Season to you & yours.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Make the paddock subscribing members only. Then at least people are contributing while wasting bandwidth trying to convert someone else to their religion...

Keith

Hi Ron,

But then spared a thought for guys like Keith & Dave- they must have been suffering withdrawal symptoms. :worried:worried:

Well of course, that is complete rubbish, but while I'm here...

Testing....testing....testing.......

Yep! 5 by 5.

Sorted.

Well of course, that is complete rubbish, but while I'm here...

Testing....testing....testing.......

Yep! 5 by 5.

Sorted.

Normal service is resumed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad to see you are suffering no ill effects from the interruption in service :laugh::laugh:

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I couldn't get on craigslist at the same time I was unable to get on here. I just thought it was due to the weather affecting the area that both servers were located. Craigslist returned sometime yesterday, GT40s just became accessible within the last few hours. Merry Christmas to all.

Now receiving you load & clear on this side of the pond, all back to normal.

Thanks to Ron & everyone else who makes this site work !

Happy Christmas to you all, Steve.

Ron Thanks for all THE good work and effort (also for THE other administrators) to keep gt40s.com up and running and i wish you and family à Merry christmas and happy new year
Frank

Back