Can't upload photos

Hi

Is there a problem uploading photos ? I used to be able to do it without any problem. Now just tells me there was an error uploading the file or files.

Any ideas.

Stephen :huh:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hmmm.. Lets see if this works...

Here it comes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 248

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Seems to be fine for me.. I don't think my moderator status gives me any magical powers...

Ron Earp

Admin
Nope, no special powers. Make sure to adhere to the size limitations on the attachments. If they are too big you'll get an error.

i would strongly recommend that you don't upload the photo's here and simply upload them to photobucket. It's free and you can upload an entire album. You can decide what to share just using links. Then, just copy and paste the link of the location of the file with the IMG tags or within the response window, clicking the yellow icon when you are typing and paste the url. I much prefer to browse the forum with pictures fully loaded instead of clicking on the attachments and waiting for them to load, like this...

file-3.jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
I'd disagree with the recommendation to use photobucket. You know how many forums I visit that have a error by photobucket where a picture should be? A lot.

How forums handle pictures can change over time which may cause the Photobucket photo to not display. And of course photobucket can change policies of sharing, space allocated to users, etc, so the bottom line is your photos might not be displayed on a forum three months after you shared them.

If you want your photos to be available in your posts permanently then it is best to upload them to whatever forum you use, or, host them on your own domain.

Ron

All good points Ron. Being a free service, photobucket or any of the others have bandwith requirements and if the pictures are popular, the bandwith sometimes hits and photobucket delays the pics for a day or two. My personal preference is because I store all my car pics there and I have the ease of posting to any forum I want.

With uploads, you're tied to the single forum and need to understand the restrictions of upload, image size, etc. Not everyone is as generous as you with the picture storage on the forum.

So now you need a different tool for the different forums to resize pictures based on requirements. for me personally, easier to embed the IMG link.

I think for the OP he has enough options now and should be able to post a picture hopefully!

Cheers!
Merim

Back