uploading photos

You have put the photo's somewhere on the internet. I use photobucket for this.
After clicking on the 'add image'-button you can copy the URL of the pic in the field, and thats it,!

Keith

I would advise reading the FAQ's for advice. However, I reproduce a relevant bit of it below. You can upload pictures directly to the site but many people use a third party hosting site such as photobucket.com as Doc says.

It's easy to sign up and the site automatically adjusts the size of the image so no faffing about.

From GT40's FAQ:

How do I use albums?
As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.
Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

• Public albums can be viewed by anyone
  • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
  • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
How do I upload pictures?
Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.
All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

Ron Earp

Admin
Guys, you can upload photos directly to the forum. I do it all the time, as do many others.

First, make sure the photo meets the requirements shown where you upload the photos, if it doesn't you're going to get an error. Now, if you know the photo meets the requirements and you still get an error then clear your browser cookies and restart your web browser, that fixes it 99% of the time.

Attachments

• far1.JPG
    far1.JPG
    414.4 KB · Views: 307

Ron Earp

Admin
Yes, that's the controlled portion of one of those evil guns you fellows argue about down in the Paddock (I assume, haven't looking in weeks). I had a few extra and sold a couple on for some racing money, thus the pic was handy on my desktop. Probably some other pics on there, let me check....yep, the bottom line is the photo upload works IF you follow the rules.

JPGs, the most common photo format to upload, MUST be a max size of 2048 x 1024 AND under 1 megabyte. What the AND, the size is probably what gets people because typically a 2048 x 1024 size JPG is going to be way over 1 meg, unless the photo is full of a single color.

Attachments

• enginefinal.JPG
    enginefinal.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 309

Keith

Yes, that's the controlled portion of one of those evil guns you fellows argue about down in the Paddock (I assume, haven't looking in weeks). I had a few extra and sold a couple on for some racing money, thus the pic was handy on my desktop. Probably some other pics on there, let me check....yep, the bottom line is the photo upload works IF you follow the rules.

JPGs, the most common photo format to upload, MUST be a max size of 2048 x 1024 AND under 1 megabyte. What the AND, the size is probably what gets people because typically a 2048 x 1024 size JPG is going to be way over 1 meg, unless the photo is full of a single color.

I've always used third party hosting because I thought it would be saving your bandwidth. Have I got that right? Or not?

While I'm here, is that a vent to atmosphere through just one valve cover? Just curious :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Helping others here.. Good stuff...

To upload a photo to a thread, use the Advanced Reply function
Then Manage Attachments like below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 257

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Then select the place that you want to upload pics from:

Don't forget to click in UPLOAD and wait for that upload to complete..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 516

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I've always used third party hosting because I thought it would be saving your bandwidth.

3rd party hosting saves storage on the forum, but it has the disadvantage that if the image URL changes or the image is removed, it disappears from GT40s.com.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
I can only upload one photo per thread reply from my iPad. Anyone have this experience and remedy?

Last edited:
Back