Why can I no longer post in the paddock?

Mike Pass

Supporter
I don't know why but I find I can not post replies in the paddock. Maybe I'm not funny anymore? Maybe I'm not grumpy enough to qualify? WTF?
Cheers
Mike the Reject!

Mike Pass

Supporter
Still waiting for an answer!!!! Why can I no longer post in the paddock? Why have I not had the courtesy of a communication by way of an explanation? Is it because I is white?
Cheers
Mike

Should be that way for 'ALL' the forums, then 'I' would get a lot more free time & perhaps even somethin done on My car/s!!:)

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
There was talk of making it only available to those who support the site....

That would have been a good business decision by Ron.

...after all, don't you charge the most for the product that sells the best?

It seems to me that there's a lot of traffic on the paddock these days...and most of it is political. Why not charge for a feature that is so highly sought after? :thumbsup:

Makes perfectly good sense to me :idea:

Cheers!

Doug

Still waiting for an answer!!!! Why can I no longer post in the paddock? Why have I not had the courtesy of a communication by way of an explanation? Is it because I is white?
Cheers
Mike

Mike for a small fee which could be a lot less than being a contributor I can post for you :idea::idea::idea::laugh::laugh::laugh: . PM what you want posted along with a paypal payment to my account.

:dead:

Bob

Cheers
Mike

Mike,

There was talk of making it only available to those who support the site....

I guess that came about?

Looks like Pat is right I'm out as well.

Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty I'm free at last

Yep, I'm out too. Every pub calls time eventually I guess.

It's been fun guys. Well, all bar the U.S. Politics blizzard anyway.
Look after yourselves.

Tim.

Keith

So you're not a subscriber then Frank? I'm surprised with all the work you generate from here. Go on, put a little back. You know it makes sense! :laugh:

Glenn

Took the words out of my mouth. I just think it worth the price of admission just to read the build logs....let alone generate income from the site... :)

On a slightly seriously note - TBH without the constant stream of U.S. Politics I would have subscribed again long ago, and been more active. It greatly reduces the value of this site IMO.
That propaganda is almost as attractive to me as the free NSA backup service provided with the site...

Anyway, the paddock is full of repetition, bigotry, rudeness, repetition, drunkeness, intolerance, controversy and repetition, but it also has its bad side. ;)
I will miss it.

Tim.

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
For a site and a section you all profess to enjoy so much why not chip in a couple bucks to support the site? It's similar to the logic of those that drive across town because gas is 10 cents cheaper. This forum is nice because unlike most, so far it is not overly moderated by a few heavy handed appointed nannies. That is worth the price of admission alone.

Mike Pass

Supporter
I suppose the "moderators" who run the site can do whatever they like without reference to us mere mortals but I would have thought that some communication would have been in order. I for one had no idea why I was summarily barred from posting in the paddock. I go on lots of other forums and have never been barred in any way on these sites.
Whilst I do not contribute financially to this forum for personal reasons I feel that I have contributed in many other ways. I have helped many people on the forum with advice, information, pictures etc. either on the forum or directly.
I am very disappointed by this action and particularly by the total lack of communication.

Cheers

The pariah

Keith

It came to a "head" some days ago and I have conducted a poll for 3 days in the Paddock. So, all in all, the subject has been brewing over a week and well recorded. If you would like to see the poll results please visit "Forum Suggestions"

The point us, whatever we said they were going to do this anyway - it's been bubbling for sometime since the USA politics issue which is still rumbling on as I speak.

I guess the only way with the software was to make it postable by supporters only but I know not.

If it's any good to you, 100% of the subscription paid supporters voted for "no change"

Sorry mate, we did what we could... :shrug:

Back