Forum Statistics 1Q 2014

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Folks,

I just thought I'd kick around on the server statistics and see what I might could learn about the forum. GT40s.com will be thirteen years old this summer, hard to believe.

It's been a lot of fun tending to the forum and I'm pleased to see that we have quite a strong and tight-knit family here at GT40s.com. Our signal to noise ratio remains high in comparison to the average car forum, but then again, we have above average car enthusiasts here on GT40s.com, people that can and do get things done. I appreciate the members here at GT40s.com and their commitment to maintaining a high quality place to hang out.

So, on to a few average stats:

*We get approximately 4.2 new people per day joining the forum, that is, that are not spambots and the like.

*Around 325 unique people log into GT40s.com each day.

*Of our 14,XXX members approximately 3700 have logged in in the past 30 days.

*We get about 14 new threads per day, and have in total over 32,000 threads on the forum composed of over 355,000 posts.

*On an average day about 104 posts are made to the forum

*The record number of users online at once was 675.

*Our top poster, the member with the most posts, is Keith1 – Congratulations mate!

*And last, our most viewed forum is The Paddock, but, bear in mind that is total views, not unique views by different users.

There are mountains of statistics to sort through but I found these sound-bite worthy and easily plucked. Thanks for making the forum what it is we appreciate the membership contributions to keeping the forum afloat.

Keith

Oh damn, I was dreading that. I thought Pete might shade me.... :laugh:

But, it has been over 10 years!

And very enjoyable one's at that. Learned much about cars and ahem, a bit about, erm, people.. :quirk:

Cheers Ron.

As stated a HUGE THANKS Ron to you and the other moderators and administrators for a masive job well done.

Keith, congrats to you mate...well deserved and why you are not a stand up comic is beyond me. "tween you and your side kick Pete I've had a few "wet pants" moments.

A personal thanks to all those who've provided advise to me and others on this forum for without you my car might still be sitting in the garage.

And Jack....you deserve your own prize for being the consumate welcoming member. No one greets more people to this forum quicker then you. Well done!

Lets all KEEP CALM (especially in the Paddock!) AND CARRY ON!!

Pat

Supporter
Congratulations Ron on your vision and execution of what is obviously a creative and successful venture. Special thanks to Keith, Randy and all the moderators who lend dignity to what otherwise would be an undignified brawl. ;)

A whopping big thanks to you, Ron!

Thanks for giving us a place to hang out, especially when there is no other place to hang out.

And thanks to all the guys helping other guys do their builds, fix their gear boxes and what not.... I have made quite a few friends right here on home base, GT40s.com! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Howard

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ron thank you, this is the only forum from which I have made some real friends. Thank you for your ongoing support. An folks if you haven't contributed to help Ron keep going its about time you did. Every $ helps.

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron thank you, this is the only forum from which I have made some real friends..

And that's what a forum is all about. I've made some real and lasting friendships from the forum, both in the US and abroad. I've met many of you over the years, not as many as I'd like, and it doesn't seem like there is a rotten apple in the bunch. We've got a great community going here.

Ron,

no amount of thanks can be thankyou enough.

As for Keith, he has made me laugh more than anyone else ever.

THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And that's what a forum is all about. I've made some real and lasting friendships from the forum, both in the US and abroad. I've met many of you over the years, not as many as I'd like, and it doesn't seem like there is a rotten apple in the bunch. We've got a great community going here.

Its stuff like this http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-wh...ations-birkenhead-new-zealand.html#post440088 that makes you realise what a decent bunch lurk around on here. Same day response to a problem in a far off land. Brilliant.

Bob

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Ron

I know at times it must be a PITA to deal with some of the issues but overall it would be very satisfying as this forum is an exceptional place dealing with exceptional cars.

Overall , with some exceptions, the people on this forum stand out from the usual car addicts and the standard of work on the cars is second to none.

I guess it's due to the age of our group and the difficult nature of the cars we work on.

Again Ron, many thanks for your efforts.

Dimi.

Back