TappaTalk

Did a search and couldn't find anything. Has there ever been any consideration to adding the TappaTalk plugin to this forum?

TappaTalk

It's free for forums and according to their page takes 15 minutes to install using their step by step instructions. Makes browsing forums on a smart phone or tablet a much more enjoyable experience.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Dustin,

I believe that implementing TappaTalk here would require a forum software upgrade that would be quite intensive, time consuming and expensive.
I'm sure Ron will chime in soon on the subject..

From what I have read it shouldn't be. Footer shows this forum is on vbulletin 3.8.6 which is an older version but tappatalk fully supports. Their instructions for vBulletin 3.8 are very straight forward and cost nothing. Simply download the zip file for 3.7/3.8. Place in the root of the forum installation on the server. Unzip. This adds a folder in which is an xml file. Go to the forum administration page and in the plugin section select the xml file to add the plugin. Done. Then there is a url you can hit to verify that push notifications are working. Final step is to get the forum listed in TappaTalk which is just following some prompts after creating an account.

The usual issue is that the sponsor ads don't display in the app and forum operators aren't will to give up that revenue which is fair.

Ron Earp

Admin
First member that has ever mentioned it. I have used TappaTalk on other forums, but I quit using it. Just don't care for the interface and how it treats certain forums. One thing that does bug the hell out of me is browsing forums on my phone and the forums asking me if I want to view it with Tappatalk once I'd uninstalled the application.

Our advertising revenue for banners is not driven by clicks, so we'd not lose money via tappatalk on a click basis. However, banners would not be shown of course, and the forum wouldn't look like it does now which doesn't matter too much on phones.

If we get a slew of people wanting it I'll install it.

Not to sound like an elitist, but I have more important things to do on my cell than to be browsing the forum, and I just do't have the time to do that.

Bill

Back