Spring Fund Drive

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

I trust that GT40s.com is still serving all of your GT40 needs and is your site of choice for GT40 information. I'd like for you to take a minute to consider that GT40s.com would not exist without the financial contributions of our Supporting Vendors and Supporting Members. If you’re new to GT40s.com and enjoy the site please think about becoming a Supporting Member.

GT40s.com is 100% free for all content and information, always has been and always will be for as long as I’m at the helm. Contributions you make will be used to offset costs for monthly host fees, domain charges, software upgrades, developer time, and our tax and legal expenses. If you'd like to avoid PayPal and send contributions directly then please PM me and I'll provide you with the information you'll need. And, if you have any questions and concerns about the forum, or updates on the forum you'd like to see, then please let me know. I want the site to be as useful as possible to all of our members.

Oh, I’d like to remake the support levels of GT40s.com into something car related instead of Gold, Silver, etc. Any ideas from the creative among us?

Thank you,
Ron

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Mark I
Mark II
Mark III
Mark IV?

Or perhaps for the newbes "Prototype"?

The nice laser etched crystal GT40 from the fund drive a few years ago graces the desk in my office sitting on an original "Indianapolis Speedway" brick that was "liberated" from the Speedway storage building by a friend who worked for a race team based in Gasoline Alley.

Keith

I think Rick nailed it... :thumbsup:

Another car related theme: 289, 302, 351, 427

Sorry, I'm Ford all the way!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I'm a lifetime member now but would chip in some more if you could just get the embedded video deal fixed

Ron Earp

Admin
Didn't we just sort that out a good while ago?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M-I4hZah_Pc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Didn't we just sort that out a good while ago?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M-I4hZah_Pc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ron,

I think it is not enabled in the Superformance forum. I do not know how to enable the function.

Keith

Ron, we contributed before via a car advert or something. Is that facility still available? Please point to a link we can use mate..

Cheers...

Keith

For convenience there was a link that you could pay for a car advertisement or similar which we used for support payments amounted to $25 or multiples. Something like that. If one cared to contribute outside the usual supporter system (which I presume you are referring to) how might one go about it?

Ron Earp

Admin
Hmmmmmm, I still don't know. If people wanted to contribute more than the membership they can buy two - it'll display both icons by your name as some folks did that at some point.

Ron Earp

Admin
Any more suggestions on support level?

The car Marks might be difficult since there is certainly never going to be consensus about their relative hierarchy. Ditto the Ford engines, especially since I don't like Farm Engines I'll never be considered non-biased on putting that together.

Shifter cart
Dirt track
NASCAR
Formula One?

Just trying to help you generate some ideas. :)

Last edited:

Keith

Any more suggestions on support level?

The car Marks might be difficult since there is certainly never going to be consensus about their relative hierarchy. Ditto the Ford engines, especially since I don't like Farm Engines I'll never be considered non-biased on putting that together.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with Gold Silver Bronze etc as it accurately represents ones level of support. If it ain't broke etc...

However, it would be cool if you could introduce Latinum into it. No?

OK, stick with the status quo then...:)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I have no problem with the current levels either...

Possible suggestion might be gears in a gearbox with First gear being entry level and 6th gear being The top spot?

I think your current level system is fine. if they have to go up a bit that might work? or after so many post a person has to become a paying member? I like and need this site for all the info since I am a dumb ass and could not do anything on my own.

Back