Editing Your Own Posts

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Kelly,

I have found in the past that the edit ability is a time limited function and I was not able to find a solution.

Julian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Read Editing/Deleting Posts section - this is an intentional function/feature of this forum:

GT40s.com - FAQ: Reading and Posting Messages

However - a moderator may make changes for you. Or you can just post a reply to your own message along with the corrected information and save the Moderator the trouble..

Keith

I am open for inducements to alter posts...just don't tell anyone especially Supermod or that Earp character :shifty:

Ron Earp

Admin
Time limited to one hour, or thirty minutes, can't remember which. Keeps folks honest although we've needed less of that in recent years than we did way back when. Make a mistake, just post again and correct it as Randy has said.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
So I was able to reply to my post and get the images to display by using the insert image button and pasting in the URL as described in the text from the guide pasted below.

However, I was not able to make the html IMG string display as described. The strings in my original post displayed just fine on half dozen other websites and I was just trying to understand why that was not the case here. When I went back and viewed the classified post, the posting rules box at the bottom of the page says html code is off. But on this page it says html is on, though the html string doesn't seem to work in this section either. ? What's that the source of the issue in the original classified post? -Just trying to learn something.

Best,
K

How do I add an image to a post?

....To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

Back