Rotating pictures - Dropbox

This is annoying me. When I view them on my PC they are orientated correctly, and when I post them in the forum they are rotated.

Anyone else having the same issues.

Probably "picnic" related
(Problem in chair not in computer)

Ryan

i've encountered the problem before with pictures from my phone... after looking into it, it's an issue with how the device saved the picture and how what ever displays it reads the data in the file.

Some devices will save all their pictures in one orientation and then set a flag in the picture data that pretty much says "oh, hey, this picture is actually rotated..." and of course, some displays use the flag, others just ignore it so you get rotated pictures. ...compared to saving the image data in the proper orientation to begin with.

and well, finding a solution that will always work... i've not found one that i know will get them oriented correctly all the time :( it's quite annoying and i gave up trying to solve it a while back

i had been rotating the images using Microsoft picture manager, which is part of the office suit. This wasn't working.

Looks like in windows 10 there is the option to right click on an image in windows explorer and rotate the image accordingly. seems to have fixed the files in my build diary that i was having problems with.

Keith

I've had this issue and I solved it most times by > "Save As" and using a different file name and/or format (JPEG, PNG etc.)

Back