Unable to post to SPF

Steve

Supporter
I'm unable to post to my thread on SPF and yet, unfortunately can continue to post on the political page in the paddock:furious:

Can this be reset to allow me to post again?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
As I understand it, SPF decided to skip out on paying the bill to sponsor their own forum here.
If you can send me a link to the thread, I will move it to the build logs forum.

Steve

Supporter
Randy, can you email me how much it is per year? Maybe I can get some of the other SPF owners to sponser it so we can keep it in the SPF section. You'd think with all the price increases Lance could swing it.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy, can you email me how much it is per year? Maybe I can get some of the other SPF owners to sponser it so we can keep it in the SPF section. You'd think with all the price increases Lance could swing it.

Look at the navigation bar close to the top of this page and find the link. To “Support GT40s.com”.
See pictures below...

Attachments

• 7814AFAE-033F-498E-BF74-5B7355107D63.jpeg
    7814AFAE-033F-498E-BF74-5B7355107D63.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 668
  • FDB21E58-37F2-4FCF-8B13-0FE46643EF7C.jpeg
    FDB21E58-37F2-4FCF-8B13-0FE46643EF7C.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 441
I'm unable to post to my thread on SPF and yet, unfortunately can continue to post on the political page in the paddock:furious:

Can this be reset to allow me to post again?

Which thread from the now non-existent SPF forum?, if you go into your user profile statistics it will show posts and or threads started by you, scroll down those until you find the relative posts ( eg if your post was about chassis it will now be in that section ) , it should state which thread/section it has now been shifted to, have you tried to make further posts on any of those threads. PITA I know, but looks like that's the way its gonna be from here onwards.

Steve

Supporter
My user profile doesn't show the thread p2348 in the SPF forum that I started and have posted to multiple times. It's as if the SPF forum is archival only. This is a tremendous loss. Randy, could you move my thread to the build logs forum? Is it SPF that's delinquent? If so, I'm happy to call them up and chastise them for being a bunch of tight wad pinheads while jacking up the price on their cars 25k.

p2348

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Not sure SPF cares much about GT40s. Their bread and butter are Cobras. Maybe they'll stop making GT40s making the existing units instant collector items worth double.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
My user profile doesn't show the thread p2348 in the SPF forum that I started and have posted to multiple times. It's as if the SPF forum is archival only. This is a tremendous loss. Randy, could you move my thread to the build logs forum? Is it SPF that's delinquent? If so, I'm happy to call them up and chastise them for being a bunch of tight wad pinheads while jacking up the price on their cars 25k.

p2348

I moved it and added SPF to the title for you.
SPF p2348

I have no idea how long they’ve owed the support - but long enough that Ron has given up hope on them.
When I get some time, I’ll start manually going through all the threads and move them to the appropriate forum. No content should be lost in the redistribution...

Ron Earp

Admin
I've not heard back from them in over a month at least. The bigger problem is it's like this every year and I'm out of steam messing with it. Either you do or do not want to contribute, simple matter.

I think it's time to disperse the threads and close the subforum. If someone at SPF gets back to us they can always be a forum advertiser with no subforum. I'm not convinced SPF brass understood the concept anyhow.

What we can do is enlist some assistance from volunteers that will help move the threads to the appropriate subforums. That way the information is preserved in a logical format.

Ron, I have the ability to offer assistance overnight to move threads appropriately. PM me if you need help...

Not sure SPF cares much about GT40s. Their bread and butter are Cobras. Maybe they'll stop making GT40s making the existing units instant collector items worth double.

You may be onto something, Mike. While at SEMA last year (and probably this year), their focus was with the Cobras. The GT-40 on display there, and driven during the demo laps, was a disappointment/embarrassment to my wife and me. The fit and finish was poor, but the price tag was hefty. When they took it on the demo lap it suffered from engine oil burning off the headers, perhaps a leaking valve cover gasket? It was smoking out of the heat extractor and rear of the car, with thousands of people there to witness it all. The Cobras, however, ran real well and entertained the crowd and ride alongs for hours.

Last edited:

Steve

Supporter
In light of the SPF forum up and running again, can we move my build log (p2348) back to the SPF forum? Thx.

Back