Doc's SL-C Build

OK, I will be receiving my SL-C from Fran in mid-September. So I thought I'd get started with a build log by showing the "spy photos" obtained during it's shop phase. I will have a separate website under development and when ready for prime time, I'll post the link as well. I have a G50.50 with LSD from the 89 Turbo Carrera with oil cooler and billet side plate. My LS7 crate engine is going to Mike Malone's "MachineWorks" shop for a cam, valve-train and heads this week. Mike has had several LS engines run on the TV show "Pinks" and he worked on my Viper track engine so I trust his handiwork. Note the first set of Brembos were silver calipers and the rear discs were on reversed. The new red Brembos are shown correctly installed. The race cage is not installed yet but Fran says it will be done before shipping.

Attachments

• Carshow006.jpg
    Carshow006.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,212
  • Carshow005.jpg
    Carshow005.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Carshow007.jpg
    Carshow007.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,175
  • Carshow008.jpg
    Carshow008.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,203
  • Doc Kaler 004.jpg
    Doc Kaler 004.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,217
  • GetAttachment-1.jpg
    GetAttachment-1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,267
  • GetAttachment-2.jpg
    GetAttachment-2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,222
  • GetAttachment-3.jpg
    GetAttachment-3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,283
  • GetAttachment-4.jpg
    GetAttachment-4.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,166
  • GetAttachment-5.jpg
    GetAttachment-5.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,295
  • P1280865.jpg
    P1280865.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,240
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,462
Doc, I would think this thing would be a rocket with a STOCK LS7!! You're going to have to install a spare underwear storage compartment! While I was at the shop last week I saw Dave's car which had the competiton style roll cage. It looks stout to say the least and should provide maximum protection from any angle as well as a bit of peace of mind. I'll bet you are counting the days now.

Sweet, I know you are counting the days Doc, I know I am....T-3 for me.
That LS7 should make ~585rwhp. That will be a bad MoFo when together.

I think those silver Brembos were mine I cannot remember what color I ordered. My car was pictured with red Brembos at one point which were probably yours :drunk:

After seeing Howard's car with the additional race cage, there was no way I was not ordering it for mine, especially since the car will be seeing equal time on the track.

Nice Doc,
Is your car painted or gelcoat, it's hard to tell from the pics. Those Brembos are to drool over.

Rob,

Mine is gelcoat, but Fran mixed up a batch of Porsche Midnight Blue for the color. The wheels will be Titanium finished!

Please try to post a picture of the titanium wheels,it was something I was considering along with black.. Will this be paint or a powder coating?

Al,

The Ti will be powder coated. We were originally trying to get the same coating (Helios) as on the SEMA Caddy roadster. But Fran had a problem with the supplier. They would have been "one-of-a-kind" (Well, two-of-a-kind if you count the Caddy). FYI, ForgeLine makes Ti-finished wheels as well.

Al,

Here you go: Fran sent these photos of the Ti-finished wheels.

Attachments

• GetAttachment-1.jpg
    GetAttachment-1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 870
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 884
Those will look great, especially with the dark blue. I wonder what they'd look like on a white car...hhhmmmm?

Nice Doc, The silver brembos with red lettereing, sweeet. slotted discs. Those rims, unique. Let me know when it's on the truck. signed your Texas neighbor...!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Doc / Fran - If there's such a thing as Paint Codes for Powder Coating - can I get that code for the PC done on these wheels please???

That's the color I've been looking for to have some parts (Wheels and Chassis) Powder Coated...

Hi Randy,

Fran would be the man to ask for the PC code. I'm just the happy recipient. I had thought of doing the rear diffuser when the car arrives, but that may be over-doing it (with the CF wing back there as well).

Just a few more photos of the racing roll-cage before leaving Fran's shop TODAY!!!!! :thumbsup: I will receive on Saturday.....in the rain. :thumbsdown:

Attachments

• GetAttachment-1.jpg
    GetAttachment-1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 978
  • GetAttachment-2.jpg
    GetAttachment-2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 900
  • GetAttachment-3.jpg
    GetAttachment-3.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 952
  • GetAttachment-4.jpg
    GetAttachment-4.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,096
  • GetAttachment-5.jpg
    GetAttachment-5.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 928
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 939

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I'm going to try to make a trip there to check it out!! Tan interior on that thing would be perfect!!

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I see your car has the new billet rear shock mounts - very nice. I just received that upgrade from Fran the other day. I haven't compared the weight with the steel one's but they are VERY light. Gotta love it!

The rain will help wash away the drool when the car arrives - enjoy!!

Dave L

Howard Jones

Supporter
Doc, Where is Lone-Oak ? I will be in Austin over the weekend and thru next week. I know Texas is a big place so when I ask how close to Austin is it I mean is it less than a hour drive?

Anybody else near Austin ? He said........ trolling for a free beer.........

Back