Poly mounts

The three things I was holding out for; crossover tube, smooth/quite as possible and center lock wheels. So far 2 out of 3. Crossover in progress (no pics yet) and I just need to finish rear mount bracket of Ricardo. How much this will smooths out the vibrations is unknown. I'll keep you guys updated.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 423
I heard of your work in this area. I am very interested in your results, good try - hopefully leading to a good result!

Holding out?...who or what were you waiting on?

Rob

Nice work. Are those pfadt engine mounts? I have a brand new set sitting in a box somewhere. I guess you cut off the square aluminum platforms and mounted these in their place to maintain the stock engine height/angle. I'd like to see how you route the crossover tube with the Ricardo.

I have some ideas, but it's much easier with a race tail vs. the street tail I have. 100 x's easier with a g50 variant though...lol

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
They are the Pfadt units ...plus our new engine crossmember that is moveable to facilitate even more engine packages...

I should have said determined rather then holding out.

I did cut out the alum cross member and replaced it with the RCR supplied moveable steel one. Although I did move motor forward a bit, the PFADT poly mounts are virtually the same height as the alum uprights. Engine height/angle remains the same.

Fran, although you said this whole poly mount idea really wasn't necessary, I can't tell you how grateful I am for your support and encouragement. Your continued involvement in our builds is a value added service that is rarely mentioned. You have a true advocate here in Florida.
Now, if you can pull off the center lock program, I will kiss you ass on Groesbeck and 15th. (no french kissing).

Your continued involvement in our builds is a value added service that is rarely mentioned. You have a true advocate here in Florida.

Well stated Wayne! I have had the absolute best "added service" and many favors from Fran that are proven to be far "above and beyond".

Thanks again Fran!

Thanks Fran.
Although I would like to have the wheels, the car isn't drivable yet. After I burn up Molleur's Pilot Sports I'll put pressure on you. I would rather you do it right then just throw something together.

BTW, I was trying to be funny. You don't think I would really kiss your hairy ass do ya.

Wait I just realized that there are multiple Sl-C's here in FL. OHH this is going be one great summer as I will have built cars here to go use as reference points (with the owners permission of course). I can see an all SL-C track day coming soon!!

I am old school so I shaved it (Alex would be a wax kinda guy..hehe)...so now you have no excuse!!!!!!

Francis.. Now that explains why you like Alex so much. You might be attracting a whole new class of customer base.

Damian, you're welcome anytime. A word or warning... you'll be wanting one real bad once you see it. You will be calling Fran (Francis) while you're still here. BTW; the center locks are pricey but IMO the car begs for them.

Oh I asked Fran about that the first time I called him LOL. He needs to make new brackets for the calipers I am going to use (ALCON) which lead me to ask about the center lock option. I just got married a few weeks ago and the deal was ring and wedding for her Sl-C for me. She is even willing to turn a wrench or two!!!

The constant evolution of the car is literally difficult to keep up with. Kudos RCR and all that are contributing to the advancement of the breed.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The evolution of the car is driven by many customers feedback plus our own world experiences...
Implimenting the ISIS wiring system will allow many potential new first time builders/customers that were afraid to tackle the electrical portion of the car , to be able to breath a sigh of relief and be done with the wiring in 8-10 hours tops.

The more variations of engine choices has driven the modular engine mount system too..
Street tail...just another option..

I am glad that the demand for the car is so high that these incremental changes are necessary/worthwhile in the first place, obviously the original design is perfectly functional but I guess I am just trying to stay one step ahead of the curve......thanks Guys/Girls.....

Last edited:
The above sounds like a challenge for me to post shirtless pictures here :idea:

But I don't think any hot girls are here. Hot girls hot girls where are you? :sad:

...... The fact Fran spends all his time developing the cars and none auditioning talent to become RCR Girls (trademark pending) makes Alex very sad ... very very sad :sad:

But now that the most important developments have been made - i.e., LS-capable 917s - I think we need to devote resources into the RCR Girls budget :surprised:

See, decisive corporate strategic plans (as seen above) are why they pay me the big bucks - vote Alex for RCR CFO in 2011?

Oooo, oooo - how about developing a rear scoop that allows heat to exit through it and allow tall intake manifolds to stick above the rear window ..... I know at least 1 person here who would like that, especially if they don't have to shoulder design/implementation costs =)

Back