Accessory brackets

Does anyone have any pictures of an installation of the RCR supplied brackets for the air conditioning pump and the rest of the front accessories?

The attached pictures show one possible mounting arrangement for the air conditioning pump, but it is probably wrong as the arms on the bracket are a few inches too far back to align the pump's drive with the crankshaft pulley.

Also attached is a picture of where I think the tensioner pulley should go (top right of the picture), but there is an included idler pulley that I can't find a home for and it's not clear how the alternator would mount (there aren't any other brackets in the kit - does the alternator come ready to mount without a bracket?)

Attachments

• DSC04984.jpg
    DSC04984.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 694
  • DSC04983.jpg
    DSC04983.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 694
  • DSC04985.jpg
    DSC04985.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 675

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Dave,

The alternator bolts directly to the block with 0.4" spacers.

Dean can send you a pic of the AC bracket mount/tensioner mounts on Monday as I don't have one here at home

edit; found this one on the forum

Attachments

• AC%20compressor%20mount%20mirror.jpg
    AC%20compressor%20mount%20mirror.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:
Thanks! That helps.

Based on the picture, it appears that the a/c compressor is driven with a narrower, dedicated belt that drives off the back of the crankshaft pulley and only uses some of the available grooves on the compressor (i.e. the belt is narrower than the compressor pulley). This helps a lot for the alignment issue :)

Does anyone have a part no. for this belt, or is it just a normal LS7 compressor drive belt?

If anyone has any similar pictures showing the rest of the accessories with the RCR brackets and belt routing, it would be much appreciated.

Dave -- after your mock-up measure the belt length needed, but I am using the same a/c bracket and the LS motor stock pulley system and this worked for me:

Gates® Micro-V AT® - OEM Quality Serpentine Belt

Part Number: K040365
Line: GAT

• 3 year limited warranty
  • UPC: 72053008234
  • Number Of Ribs: 4
  • Width (In): 0.560 Inch
  • Width (mm): 14mm
  • Outside Circumference (In): 37.122 Inch
  • Outside Circumference (mm): 943mm
These pictures are not of my build but had them saved on my pc. The photo taken from under the compressor... I sourced and used a longer bolt. One could also use two separate shorter bolts I'd imagine but one bolt would help to keep alignment and strength/integrity IMHO

Attachments

• IMGP3158_zps5956c16a.jpg
    IMGP3158_zps5956c16a.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 578
  • IMGP3157_zps163a9dc2.jpg
    IMGP3157_zps163a9dc2.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
One version of a belt set-up (mine). Rumbles also has a pretty slick set-up (check his build log) where he cut and modified the factory bracket that comes with the front accessory kit.

Attachments

• SLC-001 (11).jpg
    SLC-001 (11).jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 607

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Keep in mind that the LS3 and LS7 front dress parts that we supply are also a little different from each other...

Dean will be happy to supply all the part numbers on Monday and all of this information is also being put into the latest round of updates in the online build manual...

Back