RamLift Pro Lift system

Quick question...

Can someone tell the part number of the pump that comes in the RamLift kit?

I bought one about 2 years ago (old pump). Since then, Simon has started using a different pump that lifts the car in 3 seconds as opposed to 8 or 9 seconds. I was wondering whether anyone here had received a lift kit recently, and would mind letting me know the maker and part number of the pump.

Also, I seem to have a some trouble with the fluid leaking out of the reservoir at the clamp. Since this is plastic, I'm trying not to over-tighten it, yet still stop the leak. So far, I'm not having much luck. Can anyone recommend a decent reservoir that will be less likely to leak?

I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks,

Mike

Quick question...

Can someone tell the part number of the pump that comes in the RamLift kit?

I bought one about 2 years ago (old pump). Since then, Simon has started using a different pump that lifts the car in 3 seconds as opposed to 8 or 9 seconds. I was wondering whether anyone here had received a lift kit recently, and would mind letting me know the maker and part number of the pump.

Also, I seem to have a some trouble with the fluid leaking out of the reservoir at the clamp. Since this is plastic, I'm trying not to over-tighten it, yet still stop the leak. So far, I'm not having much luck. Can anyone recommend a decent reservoir that will be less likely to leak?

I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, I seem to remember Simon saying that the color of the pump or fitting denotes the model change. Give him a call and describe your unit; I found him to be very willing and helpful, much more so then the RCR/SL-C build manual.
Jim

The website mentions the new/quicker pump. If you connect with them direct they may be able to help: Contact Us

I spoke with him last week. He mentioned that he would sell the pump individually for $650.00. That just seemed like a TON of cash for a small hydraulic pump. So I wanted to see if I could get the maker and the part number, so I price it on line and see if his price was inline with the market.

If it was, then I would buy it from him. If not, then I would make other arrangements. I've already spent close to 2000 on the RamLift Kit. I don't really want to do it again to replace a pump that is too slow and too loud.

Mike

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I've had a RamLift system in my car for three years. I agree that the pump is slow and a bit loud, but I'm still very glad I have it. It's saved my front end several times. I agree that $650 for a new pump is way too much money. For that amount, I'm fine with the few extra seconds it takes to lift the front end.

I've had a RamLift system in my car for three years. I agree that the pump is slow and a bit loud, but I'm still very glad I have it. It's saved my front end several times. I agree that $650 for a new pump is way too much money. For that amount, I'm fine with the few extra seconds it takes to lift the front end.

Agreed... But I have an issue with the reservoir leaking completely out because the clamps don't do a great job of sealing plastic to plastic. So as I was looking around for a new reservoir (which I'm still looking for), I went to Simon (RamLift) and asked him to recommend a billet reservoir or something similar. That's when i saw on his website that he is using a new "upgraded" pump that will lift the front end in 3 to 4 seconds... and is supposed to be more quiet. So I figured, since I need to take it apart to change the reservoir, I may as well change out the pump too.

We'll see.

Mike

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Jack, I think it's upwards of 800-850 psi before the relief/bypass pops, and that's adjustable.... At least that's what I remember when Simon & I were testing one of them awhile back.

I have one of these setups on the front of my 550. It works like a champ, and it's lifting a heck of a lot more than it has to do on the front of a GT40.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Hey John! Rick from CA is using a auto pilot pump from a boat to power his, I have one in the garage but its large in size I would think a outboard motor tilt and trim pump would work well and you could buy one on ebay pretty cheap. Not sure if they put out that kind of pressure tho.

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Jack, Simon's day job is running a business refurbishing yachts, so he's probably familiar with all the various & sundry pumps used on the marine side. I know he (re)searched the market pretty thoroughly before settling on these particular pumps. It's a very powerful little pump for the size package it's in.

Back