Thank you Mr. Jones

I want to thank Howard for his inspiring ideas regarding the bodywork on the SL-C. It seems that whatever Howard does, it is exactly in line with my thoughts as well.

Well, thanks Howard, I went ahead and enlarged the radiator air opening on the front clip. I'll be doing a solid rear window, but undecided on the vents for it. I do have a couple of idea's. Not scoops though. It will be a removable part and not molded in. The engine air cleaner scoop will be molded into the rear clip tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks!

We were working on pulling Ricardo over to the dark side during his visit Saturday. Good thing his car is already painted or he would be back home chopping it up now :snicker:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Wow! I never thought anything I was doing was much more than a personal hobby. I am honored to think that my humble scratching and cutting is anything more than that. However I thank you for the complement.

The reason I am posting just about everything is so I have a document so to speak that will serve to explain what I did in the future. Kind of a record of what's under the skin and what changes I made and why. should I ever sell it, my build log ought to be worth something to the new owner.

Besides it's fun to share the hobby with my friends. All my friends are hotrod people nowadays. They were all motocross racers a long time ago, then a bunch of cowboys when I owned horses and team roped, and now everybody is a old grey haired hotrod nut.

Thanks again buddy.

I too have found some of Mr. Jones mods inspiring. I have copied his enlarged side intakes, even the way he did it, and have been slowly working on the front clam air exit, albeit a bit different.

I also like his access panel in the front of the spider and his rear window replacement as well, though I do not expect to replicate his efforts with those.
We were working on pulling Ricardo over to the dark side during his visit Saturday. Good thing his car is already painted or he would be back home chopping it up now :snicker:
Dark side?
You mean 24" wide rear rims and the accommodating plastic surgery to accomodate them. When I saw your car, it made all other SL-C's look like they had skinnies out back.

Sorry I missed you guys last weekend, it would have been cool to meet Ricardo and catch up with you two as well.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I want to thank Howard for his inspiring ideas regarding the bodywork on the SL-C. It seems that whatever Howard does, it is exactly in line with my thoughts as well.

Well, thanks Howard, I went ahead and enlarged the radiator air opening on the front clip. I'll be doing a solid rear window, but undecided on the vents for it. I do have a couple of idea's. Not scoops though. It will be a removable part and not molded in. The engine air cleaner scoop will be molded into the rear clip tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks!

Alright Jack. I'm calling you out on some photos. I've seen some of them earlier, and they looked mighty fine.

Back