Koso fuel meter

Anyone with Koso input? My fuel meter set to 100 ohms keeps on reading fuel level incorrectly. It shows me 3/4 full when my tank was empty. Luckily I was in driveway just revving for fun when puttered out. Should I try 510 ohms? Ive been told a few times its 100 ohms but not reading proper.

Use the 100 ohm setting. Not sure why yours is inaccurate, but it's easy to test a couple of things. Check with Allan, or call me to discuss if you want. You'll need a DVM and some wire, as well as access to the sender and the connector at the Koso.

Double check those settings on your Koso gauge before you start removing the interior to check the sender itself . Superlite I believe buys the E100/F0 senders. "E" empty - 100 ohms. So like Will stated 100 ohms. The Koso gauge will usually take a minute or two before it starts showing the actual fuel level.

The Koso gauge will usually take a minute or two before it starts showing the actual fuel level.

This is a key point. The gauge natively has a tremendous amount of compensation for sloshing, as does the sender. Together, the effect is that changes in level take a long time- like several minutes- to register on the gauge.

In practice, this means that when the car first starts up, it may take a bit for the fuel level reading to become accurate.

For normal driving, where the fuel level changes are a function of driving, as opposed to a sudden, massive leak-- this works well. But you have to be aware of the additive effect of the sender and the gauge itself in understanding when to worry about the reading.

Back