Aaron's SL-C build...

Hello to all of the forum members. I just completed the purchase of Jim's SL-C in Arizona. I think that some of you have been following the "Jimer's build" on this forum. I plan to start on the body once the SL-C arrives at my home in Indiana.

Thanks go out to Jim.

Congratulations Aaron! You have a really good deal there.
Welcome, enjoy the build. Ask questions, etc.

Hello to all of the forum members. I just completed the purchase of Jim's SL-C in Arizona. I think that some of you have been following the "Jimer's build" on this forum. I plan to start on the body once the SL-C arrives at my home in Indiana.

Thanks go out to Jim.

Congrats - you picked up a nice roller plus++; we'll be looking forward to your 1st start & virgin voyage story. This is a great support group - so if you get stumped - post away -- Shark

I'm sure that I will enjoy it. I'm located north of Indy. I've got my hands in automotive on a daily basis so design, custom fabrication and assembly are up my alley.

Lots of good tips here though.

She's on her way home to daddy.. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 05-15-2014 Pick-up of Aaron's SL-C 001.jpg
    05-15-2014 Pick-up of Aaron's SL-C 001.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,600
Fuel system design is complete and parts ordered. Exhaust design and parts listing complete. Awaiting the car to confirm that all of my parts choices will fit.

I'm changing it up a bit here guys so go with me on my in-tank fuel pump with baffled / check valved sump concept. I'll post pics once I've started cutting into the tank and installing the sump and pump. I'm planning to go out of the tank into the LS filter/regulator through the bulkhead a directly into the fuel rail. This cleans up the bunch of mess that was slated for the drivers side of the fuel tank. Plus the in-tank pump should be a quieter solution and fewer parts and hoses to reduce cost , cleaning and any potential leaks.

Carbon fiber front fender louvers and inner fender pieces ordered from Fran. I'll be starting on the body next week.

I'm going to work on body cutouts when I get back from Japan. Any advice on head lamps, tail lamps and the air inlet cutouts for the rear bonnet are appreciated. Otherwise I'm winging it :) I'd love to see close up photos of the rear bonnet cutouts (air inlets on top of the bonnet).

I just got home from Japan and had a chance to unpack the SL-C. I'm bringing the front and rear bonnets home today.

I'm planning to work on the rear bonnet today :)
- Tail lamp install.
- Window cutout and mount window.
- Vent cutouts.
- Cut out the rear for exhaust.
- Cut out the rear for difuser.

Attachments

• SLC_003.jpeg
    SLC_003.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,480
Last edited:
I just got home from Japan and had a chance to unpack the SL-C. I'm bringing the front and rear bonnets home today.

I'm planning to work on the rear bonnet today :)
- Tail lamp install.
- Window cutout and mount window.
- Vent cutouts.
- Cut out the rear for exhaust.
- Cut out the rear for difuser.

Nice wheels. The exhaust exit could take a myriad of angles by the time you are at the point of install/fabrication of same - are you there yet. Just a thought.

Back