Build Videos

I have over 100 SL-C build videos currently on my You Tube account that have been viewed over 120,000 times.
I am about to embark on my 9th SL-C build and before I do I would like to see if there are any areas that were not covered in them or some that need more clarification. There needs to be one about the ac/heat system install for example.

Just let me know and I will make some new ones.

Thanks,
Allan

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Here's a few suggestions:

- Installing the door shocks. I still haven't figured that out.
- Ramlift installation
- If you're building one with a Graziano, some videos on how to install it
- Alignment and ride highth setting

Splended job Allan, eager to see some more.
Your vid's have been a great assist to several builders, myself included!

Allan, have you ever tried to make the head light area water tight? As far as I can tell if the lights need to be worked on that would happen from the back side anyway. And another question; how does rain not run in behind the door handles since they are mounted on the top of the doors? When I watched the video of the silver SL-C with the power doors and carbon interior I couldn't tell how you finished or trimmed out the transition from the interior to door sill or door jam. I will be at RCR June 9th to look around and put my hands on a SL-C. Allan I don't think there's a video you've posted I haven't watched. Keep up all the good work. I hope when I build I can help people as much as you have. Thanks for you time.

Allan, your videos have been invaluable to me, as I didn't build my SL-C I've learned an enormous amount from watching all your video's. appreciate the effort you go to!

There is usually an oldie playing on your garage stereo during each of the build videos. How about adding the song lyrics at the bottom of the videos so we can all sing along and have a cume-bi-yo moment together.

Just kidding:pepper:

Your videos are great and they really helped me in my SLC build. I've seen all your 100+ videos and I'm a subscriber as well, so I'm notified when you post a new one.

Thanks again for posting the videos!

If you haven't done so already, click here to go to Allan's YouTube video channel, then click the "Subscribe" button to be notified of new videos.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Allan,

First… thanks for all your help and your contribution to the SLC community! My input would be regarding many of the details such as:

1. Electrical installation with battery up front
2. Engine harness install and modification
3. Details of Graziano senders and details after it is in the car
4. Emergency brake install
5. Front/rear window prep and install
6. Any plumbing rom water to oil/fuel

Thanks again.

Allan, the videos are great, it takes time to do them and I and I"m sure everyone else appreciates your time it takes to make them, I am a subscriber also, great job.

By the way, hows the squirrel doing, haven't see to much of I think the name was Rocky?

Allen,
Although ANY video you do will get viewed by me (many times), I would like to see some more body work and paint videos.

Hey Allan, would love to see more on the interior trim, specifically the new tub inserts and door cards.

Thanks for all the work, I've seen them all.

BTW might i suggest an inexpensive wireless lav mike? Heck i'll even chip in on it :)

BTW might i suggest an inexpensive wireless lav mike? Heck i'll even chip in on it :)

Couldn't agree more!... I will donate money towards a microphone as well! (It's just that sometimes it's hard to hear your comments over the tools/music/wife/dogs/rocky... :)

Allan,
You are a victim of your own success! :)
Although I have not watched any of your vids, it's really cool you do this for the community.

Allen,
Although ANY video you do will get viewed by me (many times), I would like to see some more body work and paint videos.

I Agree with Vidal! Bodywork / Paint / Wiring are the main areas that I (and I would imagine, most people) are intimidated by. Seeing it done in such an effortless manner, instills in me that I could do it also. I just need to DO IT.

Thanks Allan. As I told you on the phone the other day, My wife LOVES to watch these videos. I would have never dreamed it, but she does.

Mike

Hi Allan
Was thinking the next step in video documentation would be a live cam, you could have several cameras with different vantage points of view in your garage, people could then watch live feed, I was wondering if there is a forum/ format where people could leave comments, questions and a catalog or library of the build history with comments. This it would create a detailed log with viewer inputs Your thoughts?. You could sell subscriptions with different access and interactions:laugh: :shout: :idea: :huh: to your "ALLAN'S SLC BUILD CHANNEL"

Hi Allan
Was thinking the next step in video documentation would be a live cam, you could have several cameras with different vantage points of view in your garage, people could then watch live feed, I was wondering if there is a forum/ format where people could leave comments, questions and a catalog or library of the build history with comments. This it would create a detailed log with viewer inputs Your thoughts?. You could sell subscriptions with different access and interactions:laugh: :shout: :idea: :huh: to your "ALLAN'S SLC BUILD CHANNEL"

I think it's extremely generous that he is making these videos in the first place. I know if it were me, I would simply continue to make the videos and post them, if & when I saw the need. I sure wouldn't substitute my privacy for a 24/7 Garage-A-Thon. But that's just me. :cool:

Hey Allan, would love to see more on the interior trim, specifically the new tub inserts and door cards.

+1, and +1000 on how great the videos are...inspiring!

Allan had done us a great service with the video's, and his accessability to answer questions by phone too. He should be applauded for all of his efforts.

Back