LS3 Intake reversal question

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
On the valley cover there's a metal tube that's connected to the intake just behind the throttle body with a short hose. After reversing the intake, the hose obviously is way too short to reconnect. Do you just get a much longer hose to connect this, plug it up, or what?

EDIT: Figured out the tube is for the PCV system. Have read that a lot of the Corvette guys put a breather on the valley cover tube and cap the tube going into the intake.

Last edited:
On the valley cover there's a metal tube that's connected to the intake just behind the throttle body with a short hose. After reversing the intake, the hose obviously is way too short to reconnect. Do you just get a much longer hose to connect this, plug it up, or what?

Use it with a longer hose, it's part of the crankcase PCV system. The passenger side valve cover vent will need a hose to your TB air intake tube. I installed an air-vapor separator on the line you mentioned - not necessary but it does work. Here's a picture that shows the set-up albeit with the intake in stock configuration.

Attachments

• LS3 Single NA_PCV.jpg
    LS3 Single NA_PCV.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 287

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I'd keep it functional too. I don't recommend using a long hose though. It may collapse over time. Try using a aluminum or copper tube. I made mine out of 3/8 nylon fuel tubing.

Back