Oil adapter interference w mount

Hi All,

I bought the same adapter from Improved Racing to plumb the Accusump into the oiling system as a few other guys have. I went to install it today on my LS3/Graziano package as the exhaust is going on next week and I see it interferes with the rear engine mount. It was hoping to just trim the mount a bit to allow it to fit but it looks like I will have to remove a fair chunk which you may be able to see from the enclosed pic. The adapter is flush with the surface it will bolt to in the pic.

Thoughts? Trim the mount?

cheers,

Craig

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 262

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Looks like the spacer between the engine mount and the adapter plate is the problem. I don't think that's required with the Graziano. I didn't use a spacer.

Switch the now passenger side mount to the driver's side and the driver's to the passenger and the spacer won't be needed. Then there should be plenty of room.

Switch the now passenger side mount to the driver's side and the driver's to the passenger and the spacer won't be needed. Then there should be plenty of room.

Thanks Allan,

Not a perfect fit by reversing but with a little filing to slot the hole overall I think it is much better without the spacer and plenty of room for the oil adapter.

Cheers,

Craig

Back