Accusump, Pedal Extension

Michael Fling

Supporter
Hope you can help…

I have an Accusump that has an electronic valve and a pressure switch. I am not sure why both are needed but that is what I have? It can with a toggle switch. Should it be wired for an off/on with the a=switch or should it be wired to the ignition so it is always on?

Does anyone have a product # for a pedal wiring extension? ( didn't want to splice into the GM 6 pin).

The tan wire out of the rear power cell says it goes to the AC compressor. The black/green wire from the Vintage Air Trinary says it also goes to the AC compressor. Do they both tap into the AC clutch?

Does the harness extension labeled "GEN" go to the alternator?

Mike, How you wire up the electric valve can be a personal choice depending on your usage pattern. If you always start the engine right after turning on the ignition then you can wire directly to IGN. Personally I think there are plenty of times when you just turn the ign on for another reason without starting so it's best to add that toggle in line to give you some extra control. You can leave it on all the time anyway and it will work the same. When that valve is energized it will cause the accusump to dump it's load in one shot (engine off). So if you weren't planning to start the engine you just threw away that engine pre lube.

The pressure switch is basically an activation threshold mechanism to prevent valve operation above a certain oil pressure. Basically it will not inject any oil into the system until system pressure drops below the pressure switch's pre set setting(there are 3 different presets you could have ordered with your setup)

Here's their doc by the way, it's a worthy read:
http://www.accusump.com/accusump.pdf/instructions.pdf

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I've have my Accusump on a toggle to key-on power. Normally I leave it turned on so it auto pre-oils the engine when I turn the ignition on. However, if I'm going to turn the ignition on without starting the engine, I can turn the switch off so the Accusump will stay pressurized.

I thought I'd need a pedal extension, but after de-looming the wire all the way back to the ECU, there was enough wire.

Pete

Michael Fling

Supporter
Does anyone have a product # for a pedal wiring extension?

The tan wire out of the rear power cell says it goes to the AC compressor. The black/green wire from the Vintage Air Trinary says it also goes to the AC compressor. Do they both tap into the AC clutch?

Does the harness extension labeled "GEN" go to the alternator?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
The tan wire from the rear power cell connects to the AC compressor. The wire from the trininary switch goes the white/black signal wire in the dash harness. However, you have to do something to covert 12v to ground on the signal wire, either get a inVert mini from ISIS or use a relay.

The "GEN" harness goes to the alternator.

Back